N00b Looking to buy a DSM soon [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: N00b Looking to buy a DSM soon

RHINO
08-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Ok, first of I'd like to say HI.. and I hope I don't get attacked because I don't currently drive a DSM....

But here's my problem...

I'd like to get a DSM, BUT I don't know much about them, AND I am trying to educate myself as much as I can...

Please is there anything in particular I should look for in purchasing on, I am looking for a 1st gen, AWD...

But for the most part, I want a chassis, I want something that might run long enough to get me back to my house to be parked and put up on jackstands... cause I'd like to just build a streetable, 1/4 mile monster...

ok.. that's all for my end..

EHeye
08-25-2003, 07:52 AM
vfaq.com

it has a lot of information, but basically if you buy a cheap one, it more than likely will be ratted on and have a bad engine, may be able to get it home, but you should be able to do stuff cheap if you do it yourself, DIY is the best way to go, just find a garage and rip out that engine.

Good Luck!

RHINO
08-25-2003, 11:22 AM
That's pretty much what I was wanting... just something that I could get home.. and that's about it...

body doesn't mean a WHOLE lot to me.. as long as it's somewhat straight... I don't mind if I have to do some body work to it...

venom42
08-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Go to www.dsmtrader.com . You should easily find one there. Since the condition of the car is not paramount, you could buy one from out of state, and have it shipped to you if it does not run/drive (should allow you to save some cash). I kow it was only like $500 or so to have a car shipped from Houston, TX to Atlanta, GA when I looked into it about a year or so ago. You will also find quite a few at www.autotrader.com . Just do not input a location when searching the Autotrader, and it will pull them up from all over the country.

muchachoruiz
08-27-2003, 06:05 PM
well first off welcome to the fam. This is a great board. So much knowledge that you should feelcomfortable asking anything. good luck with the search for the right car. took me 5 months to find mine. welcome again, enjoy!