When making ram/cold air intake do i need to... [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: When making ram/cold air intake do i need to...

KidSyn
03-22-2001, 07:43 PM
When making ram/cold air intake do i need to Put the MAS where the filter is? or can i keep the MAS relitivly close to the throttle body?. When i make my ramair its going to lead next to my fog light on the left side, and it would be a bitch re- wiring the MAS for the wires to reach all teh way down there next to the fog light. It woudl be easier to run drier Tubing down there with a K&n filter fitted snugly in the opening and having it lead up to where the MAS is close to where the stock airbox was. But obviously if i apsolutly need teh MAS to be directly behind the filter then im going to have to find a way. thanx guys any imput would be great!

roadpie4u
03-23-2001, 06:46 AM
I personally Set Mine up like you described, by putting 3.25" Dryer Ducting, and I did leave the MAF there where it was, in the stock air can no less. As there is that obnoxious hole below it for that even more obnoxious plastic thing, I decided to enlarge that hole, it was something like 2.25" in diameter, so it was a pain in the ass to make that big enough for the 3.25" duct. You can stick the filter wherever you want though. I got a ram filter (Like K&N, but better) and left it in there. Why? Unless you run the duct straight over the MAF, it will bee too turbulent, atleast in the 1g's that look for the vorteces. So my air can had the stock snorkel on one side, and the passenger duct on the bottom. Just be sure that you dont over do it, as we dont have the turbo ECU. I personally would not have done this, but I'm lookin at getting a 2nd DSM soon enough, and dont want to dish out all the $$ on the prototype. So on the 1g, I hacked the MAF a little, not a lot, just a little, so I didnt loose my idle. But leave the MAF whereever, just be sure the air hits it straight on, unless you got a 2g, then who cares...

Super Talon
06-06-2001, 12:20 AM
been there done that http://www.auto-clubs.net/~jpowis/intake/ keep watching to see what i do next for the dual side mount ram air...