Well I ordered my turbo kit! [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Well I ordered my turbo kit!

Jeff99gs
03-26-2001, 08:09 PM
I just sent a letter and check to Hahn Racecraft today ordering my stage 1 turbo system.
Needless to say I can't wait for it to get here :D

14 second quarter miles here I come :) Just in time for the shootout.

I also ordered an autometer EGT and dual A pillar pod from NewEdgeRacing.com, and the Jumptronix A/F gauge from RRE. My main concern is being safe...now I just have to make sure I look at the road rather than all my gauges!

I'll post pics on my website once its installed.

Dsmman
03-27-2001, 05:48 AM
Just wondering what did it set you back? Also does HRC make a kit for the 1G?

Jeff99gs
03-27-2001, 06:50 AM
The stage 1 kit costs $2195, but with everything being paid, including shipping, gauges, etc, it came down to $2355.50.

They don't make a kit for the 1G, but if you have a 2.0L, I'm sure it would be possible to fabricate your own system for 5psi. Just make sure you have the right monitoring equipment.

HRC's site for their turbo kits is http://www.turbosystem.com

Jeff99gs
03-27-2001, 06:59 AM
The reason why they don't make a system for the 1G is because they deal primarily with the 420a engine. All the turbo systems they engineer are for some variation of the 420a. (Eclipse/Talon, Neon DOHC, Neon SOHC, PT Cruiser, Avenger/Sebring) They all use the same block, so it would seem HRC is the leading authority on the engine.

They did stray away from that engine with the cavalier/sunfire (I don't know why)...actually, I do know why ($$$$$).
I really hope I don't get blown away by a cavalier with a front mount and drag slicks. I don't think I could live with myself :D

Grilf
03-27-2001, 11:00 AM
Does the stage 1 come with an FMIC, or am I thinking stage 2 here??

Jeff99gs
03-27-2001, 11:53 AM
That is stage 2.

SMIC standard, FMIC is 300 extra with HRC.

FMIC is standard on stage 2 star though.

DownAzzDSM
03-27-2001, 03:09 PM
Tell me how it works out Jeff, I am getting a turbo probably in August and don't know which one to get yet. Star is cheap and it looks good. And you can upgrade to a ballbearing turbo. HRC has there rep though and have proof there kit is really good. But it is costly, espacially with the stage 2 with FMIC. I'm guessing you are going to upgrade down the road to a stage 2? I was thinking about doing that too with the Hahn kit. Tell how much a difference it makes with only the stage 1. Thanks, Steve