DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

should UIC pipe be 2.5in or is 2.25 enough?

664 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  n2dsms 
#1 ·
I ask because the nice chrome UIC pipe on buschurracing.com is 2.25 in mandrel bent, while some others i've seen are 2.5 in. mandrel bent. I just want to make sure i get the best one possible. is 2.5 overkill? anyone know?

#2 ·
If you have ABS, just get 2.25inch as 2.5inch would be a pretty tight fit. I don't have ABS on my car, but do have cruise control and the 2.5inch fits just fine. Go to www.dejontool.com Buschur is too expensive IMO. Good luck. Good mod for under 200 bucks:)

#3 ·
I think the 2.25" is mostly for ABS guys. If you dont have it, get teh 2.5".

#4 ·
unfortunately i do have abs, so is 2.25 inch the only way to go? I don't want to have to reroute the cruise control or abs, any of that, just want to keep this simple as possible, but hell, if 2.5 inch will make any noticable hp difference over 2.25, then i just might have to do that. Anyone have any advice?

#5 ·
If you have ABS, then definatley get the 2.25". Not only size, but I think the BOV is mounted slightly differant than the non-ABS cars anyway. The 2.5" may not fit your car, period.

#6 ·
stocktrader said:
I ask because the nice chrome UIC pipe on buschurracing.com is 2.25 in mandrel bent, while some others i've seen are 2.5 in. mandrel bent. I just want to make sure i get the best one possible. is 2.5 overkill? anyone know?
Have you concidered a dave brode pipe? Pretty good price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.