Buschur Racing 3" Exhaust and Downpipe...Loss of Power??? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Buschur Racing 3" Exhaust and Downpipe...Loss of Power???

Boostaholic
04-03-2001, 12:16 AM
I recently installed both the Buschur Racing 3" downpipe and exhaust, I knew I would loose some torque since I dont have an upgraded turbo to make enough exhaust, but my car seems to be running REALLY slow as compared to when it had its stock exhaust. Any ideas as to what to fix it or do I need MORE POWER!?? I have Injen intake, full intercooler pipe upgrade, avc-r, greddy type s blow off valve, I only bought the car 3 weeks ago, so any help is appreciated.

tfin
04-03-2001, 06:22 PM
What year do you have? I would sugest rewiring the fuel pump. Then crank up the bost, also hack the aircan and those other things if yu haven't yet.

shabby
04-03-2001, 07:43 PM
I wouldnt recommend anything bigger than 2.5" for a stock turbo(let it be a 14b or even a t25). Some people dont even recommend a 3" for a 16g, they say that a 2.5" is just right.
Anyway if your still running on stock boost, just do what tfin said.

Btw my exhaust came with the car ;)

[Edited by shabby on 04-03-2001 at 08:59 PM]

tfin
04-03-2001, 08:02 PM
Well I have a 2.5 BR on my car mandrel all the way back with a race cat too and it sure helps on the power. And cranking the boost to 18psi will realy light a fire under you ass. I once set my Profec to 10 psi low and 18 psi high. Then hammered it in 3rd and then swiched from low to high boost once it had spooled to 10psi, WOW. Thats easly the most hp diffrence I have ever witnessed. It was soooo cool.

Boostaholic
04-03-2001, 10:22 PM
how can I rewire my fuel pump? Just out of curiosity

tfin
04-03-2001, 10:38 PM
It is like wiring up and amp. There is a complete write up in the vfaqs at http://www.vfaq.com/mods/pump-relay.html .

Boostaholic
04-04-2001, 11:57 AM
Ok, for all you people who have the Buschur racing 3" downpipe...first off there is NO FLANGES FROM THE AFTER THE DOWNPIPE CONNECTS TO THE O2 HOUSING ALL THE WAY TO THE MUFFLER!!! i was thinking of having it all welded together because although there are no clicking noises coming from my exhaust there has to be some leaks with the pipes only slipping on. What has anyone else done to fix their problem?

tfin
04-04-2001, 12:25 PM
Usualy with slip fit exhausts you would get some c or d clamps to hold them together. You should be able to pick some up real cheep at your local napa, or other auto parts store.