Greddy type-s v. Apexi [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Greddy type-s v. Apexi

bill9009
04-03-2001, 07:17 PM
alright well about a week ago i put on my new apex uicp and fmic and apex bov, well i was dissapointed with the bov, i guess it was the whole venting to atmosphere thing because my car ran rich as hell and was always bucking if i didnt get on it all the way, luckily i had a greddy type-s that i was originally going to put on but decided to just go with the apex since the uicp was already flanged for it, so today i finally got a new flange welded on and hooked up the greddy and oh man what a difference, now that it is dumping back into the intake, its like night and day, screw that hissing sound of the apex if it makes your car run like crap, well i just wanted to get that all off my chest and let anyone know if they are planning on venting to atm, dont do it, and if u are lookin for a new bov go with a greddy or if u really want an apex buy my old one, hey its only a week old

Boostaholic
04-05-2001, 02:22 PM
I havent personally used the Apex'i BOV but ive heard alot of people dont like it. personally, I use the greddy type s and a TurboXS Type H. The type S does help when Im racing, but usually I love to drive around with the TurboXS. IT IS SO LOUD it scares the hell out of people and it only has very little difference as far as power. No bogging, turbo keeps spooled up on gear shifts about the same. they both use the same flange, so with an alan wrench it takes 3 minutes to swap them. Not all BOV's that vent to the atmosphere are completely bad, guess it just depends on what type.

Jayman
04-05-2001, 11:34 PM
So the TurboXS BOV vents to the atmosphere and doesn't affect the car? I didn't know they used the same flange as the Type-S. When you order do you have to specify that is is for a DSM or do they all come with the same flange.

Boostaholic
04-05-2001, 11:43 PM
"TurboXS" is the owner here on the dsmtalk board. He can answer any of your questions. All you do is specify for the first gen adapter kit and it will come with flanges and pipes to fit to the same flange as the greddy type S. I like having the ability to swap between the 2, depending on the day Im having. =) By far in my opinion the best sounding BOV ANYWHERE if you like loud, crisp noises. No hissing or weird. just SMOOOOOTH! I cant say enough about it.

TurboXS
04-06-2001, 10:18 PM
Jayman,

Any BOV that vents to atmosphere on a car with a Mass Air Sensor (MAS) will affect the car somewhat. If you vent to atmosphere you will run rich. Some cars seem to hardly notice it, others will hesitate or even stumble. Most Eclipse/Talons seem to do OK with our BOV-H.

Our BOV-H does not have the same mount as the Greddy Type S, but we do sell a flange adapter that allows our valve to mount in place of a Greddy valve.

If you order, you do need to specify the vehicle application so we can recomend any required kits or adapters for bolt-on installation.

Mark
TurboXS
mark@turboxs.com

shabby
04-07-2001, 08:20 PM
If the greddy bov fits into the turboxs' flange, and the greddy bov fits into a 1g just by drilling bigger holes(thats what i heard). Then why do you need a flange for the turboxs bov to fit into a 1g?

Boostaholic
04-07-2001, 11:28 PM
Unless the top flange ( connected to the BOV ) comes off of the first gen BOV (I dont know anything about them...) then you need it in order to fit onto the bottom flange. I have upgraded intercooler pipes for the greddy blow off valve so I drilled holes in my flange for the TurboXS BOV.