AHP Atm. Dump O2 ?s [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: AHP Atm. Dump O2 ?s

tanner261
04-04-2001, 09:36 PM
Is anyone using the AHP Atmosphere dump O2 pipe on your car?

Being that it is mild steel, how is it holding up?

Is the increased noise level enough to worry about? (Is it obnoxious?)

Have you experienced any boost creep after installing it?

See it here:
http://ahpproducts.bizland.com/ahpproducts.com/id2.html

brokentalon
04-04-2001, 11:50 PM
I dont have their unit. but I have my own brand. It is really loud when the wastegate opens. If your city has a noise ordinance and a cop hears you drive by you will get pulled over. This thing scares people when it opens.

There is no boost creep after you put this thing on. It is worth about 1/10th at the track depending on how modded your car is.

I love it becuase it scares the hell out of the mustang boys. They get scared when they hear it.

tanner261
04-05-2001, 12:09 PM
Anyone have a sound clip?

Geovannie
04-06-2001, 10:27 AM
what do you mean when it opens? i just put one on my car but only turned it on at idle, so far i dont like the extra noise but ill see when i get to stomp it, i heard it sound cool then...

MoBoost
04-06-2001, 10:46 AM
I have FFWD (http://www.ffwdconnection.com) dump tube on my car - it's a bit longer then I've seen on the other brands - the gases on this one exit all the way on the bottom of the car.

It does get LOUD when you punch it = side-effect: good gas milage in city :) LOL

brokentalon
04-06-2001, 11:29 AM
How do you turn it on at idle?
It only gets loud when the wastegate opens. It is usually closed at idle unles you have a leak in your wastegate. When you start to hit your max boost the wastegate is going to open to control the extra boost. And that is when things start to get loud.

Geovannie
04-06-2001, 06:03 PM
no mine its loud at idle? i take it its not suppose to be that way then? but i dont get it because the dump tube is going to be open all the time so your going to here it at all times then at wot its really really loud...an exhaust leak cant create that, its too loud to be a exhaust leak. Its coming right from the o2 housing..

brokentalon
04-06-2001, 06:15 PM
Ok here is the deal. If you can hear a noise coming out of the o2 housing dump tube at idle. That means that exhuast gasses are escapping through your wastegate. This is no good becuase what happens is you are leaking exhuast gas that is supposed to be going to the turbine wheels. You might have a crack in the flapper. Mine is doing the exact same thing that yours is right now. My wastegate flapper was drilled to big when i sent it out to get modded. The wastegate should be close until your are about to reach full boost then the wastegate starts to open and then you should hear noise from the dump tube.

You need to take off your turbine housing and check the wastegate flapper. I bet its cracked and you are being robbed of power.

Geovannie
04-06-2001, 06:38 PM
where is the wastegate flapper? so take out the turbo, separate the o2 housing and look there? email me privately if ya can or just keep repliying, my email is lowridingmirage@aol.com or just aim me on that name..thanx..

Geovannie
04-08-2001, 02:20 AM
hey brokentalon, if my wastegate flapper is broken..can i use jbweld as a temp fix..at least for a couple months?

allturbo
04-08-2001, 03:04 AM
JB WELD WORKS GREAT !

Crankwalker
04-08-2001, 08:31 AM
Isn't that area a little hot for JB Weld?

brokentalon
04-08-2001, 12:03 PM
jb weld would melt in about 5 minutes. Your talking about 1400 degrees at WOT

Geovannie
04-08-2001, 07:59 PM
i see..hehe, hey it was worth a try, i give up im just getting another turbo..thanx alot guys..

brokentalon
04-08-2001, 08:41 PM
also it probably not the wastegate flapper. It is the area around the wastegate hole that probably has the usual cracks.

brokentalon
04-08-2001, 08:42 PM
Oh by the way there is someone selling a 7cm turbine housing on the parts trader.

countersniper
04-09-2001, 08:32 PM
I made the exhaust from the turbo back on my car and it dumps to the atmosphere and it is very loud. LOL.mine just goes straight down a few inches in front of the oil pan. And yea its funny when you dump next to another car.

Geovannie
04-09-2001, 08:34 PM
i really would love to hear a mpeg orsoemthing of what is suppose to sound liek..

brokentalon
04-09-2001, 09:28 PM
If I had a tape recorder I would tape it for you.

I actually say a site that had an mpeg of it, it was on the DSM webring.

MoBoost
04-09-2001, 11:43 PM
Here is video of my lunch:
http://moboost.virtualave.net/Race/lunch.asf
You can hear my dumptube loud and clear (as well as AWD miniburnout ;))

brokentalon
04-09-2001, 11:48 PM
Man mine is alot louder than that.

Efeezie
04-11-2001, 12:00 AM
Not my car but here ya go http://www.twingles.com/ideck/mpg/dregrowl.avi