DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

I got a race 5 minutes after I picked up my car!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Orange Crush 
#1 ·
So I finally got my new ride this afternoon, a 93 Talon TSI AWD. I actually bought it on wednesday but the dealer had to fix some stuff so I didnt get it till today. Anyway I'm driving it home just trying to get a feel for the car (hell I only drove it once) when I see a newer Civic turn onto the road ahead of me. Exhaust and body kit, thats it. It was an EX 5spd btw. So he gets in front of me and we come to a light. Him in front and me behind. He takes off with chirp and I follow. I stay on his ass till about 60 when he signals and gets over into the next lane. So I creep up next to him and downshift to 3rd. I hear his exhaust as he takes off and gains a little, then I just floor it. OMG I flew by him like he was standing still! I was like wtf happened? I mean the talon feels fast but I didnt know it was that fast! (Mind you my previous ride was an Accord, not a speed demon by any means.) I started thinking was this guy even racing? So I wait for him to catch up and i gave him the thumbs up and he did the same. I guess he was racing. Oh well :) On a side note, the fan belt that was suppoused to be replaced by the dealer is making that damn whistling noise again. I guess I'm gonna have to take it back tomorrow *sigh*

#2 ·
Nice kill!
Fan belt? Did the dealer actually told you it was the fan belt? If they did then they are fu*king with you man! There's no fan belt on DSM, if a belt is skeaking then it should be one of the drive belts, alternator, power steering or AC compressor belts.

------------------
'92 Talon TSi FWD
K&N cut air can, DDP mbc @ 15 psi
14.71@96 2.5 60ft

#4 ·
Thanks for the info on the belt gentlemen! :) Boostedtalon the EX has 127hp. I know it isnt even in my league but like I said I'm coming from an Accord and compared to that my stock Talon is a top fuel dragster. I used to have trouble with those Civics when I had the Accord, now I just blow by them at will. God i love this car! :D

#12 ·
actually almost all the front fascia's of body kits ive ever put on are way lighter than the stock front fascia, since all they are is a thin piece of molded fiberglass.
not that it matters and not saying body kits are better, just thot id point that out.

#13 ·
Well, that is true, they due tend to be lighter and I personally have my eye on the sensei front clip. (need a bigger opening for a FMIC) :D I would also like fiberglass 1/4 panels too....buuuutttt.....some kits are like huge airdams that absolutley destroy your drag coefficient not to mention the ones that add 50lbs of plastic that wasn't originally on your car with the huge side panels and skirts. Im not against body kits, but they don't make my car any faster. Just not my thing I guess. To each their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.