Apex GT DP??? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Apex GT DP???

1999GSX
04-06-2001, 12:09 PM
I currently have an HRC Eliminator JR DP with a 3" cat on my 99GSX. I was looking into buying a bolt in test pipe but ran across an Apex GT DP (stainless) for cheap. Does the Apex have a fitting for the second O2? Does the Apex have a clearance problem with the oil filter?(My HRC clears with no problem right now)

Ray

Turbo20lbs
04-08-2001, 12:57 PM
Yeah it has a second hole for the O2. And I can get my oil filter off with the downpipe in place. BTW, the N1 downpipe is cheaper than the GT, of coarse it isn't stainless. What type of cat-back do you have? The Apexi downpipes are really long, they would not fit up to your stock length cat-back without modification. They are designed to be mated with Apexi exhaust for a perfect fit. Like I have N1 DP, and catback on my car and it rules. I had first ordered the downpipe to go with my HKS exhaust, but like I said, the downpipe was too long to fit without hacking a couple of inches off my HKS. I didn't like the HKS anyway, so I got the full N1 setup. I highly recommend the downpipe and exhaust. It's so big, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this huge pipe that just elimates any testpipe/cat. Just straight on thru no bullshit exhaust. Another cool thing about their downpipe's, is the have every stock location hangar on them, like where the stock cat was, and the little bolt hole where the stock downpipe bolts to the o2 housin area. I should mention that I have a Hahn S-16g with a Hahn tubular O2 Elimantor housin if that effects the oil filter removal. And my car is a '97 Tsi FWD.

1999GSX
04-09-2001, 02:08 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. I have an RSR exhaust which is the same as the apex with the little adapter/reducer between the cat and exhaust. I also have a hahn super 20 with the o2 eliminator, so unless there's a big difference between the layout of the awd and fwd I guess I have nothing to worry about :-)

Ray

Endless
04-10-2001, 05:38 PM
The N1 is not as large in diameter as the GT (2.5 vs 3.0) and you cant have a cat with the gt because it replaces all piping up to the first exhaust flange.

[Edited by Endless on 04-11-2001 at 12:34 AM]

wkd20
04-10-2001, 06:35 PM
i have a gt pipe on my 90 tsi it has to be the best made pipe i have seen nice welds and cnc flanges.

r95gst
04-11-2001, 10:37 PM
turbo20lbs what are u running for times and what have u done?

Turbo20lbs
04-12-2001, 12:09 AM
I bought the car in July, and haven't done the main mods till this past Winter so I don't know anything yet for times. I hope to break into the 12's this Spring.

r95gst
04-12-2001, 12:14 AM
turbo20lbs the car looks hot! when u run it can u email me the times at r95gst@dsmtalk id like too find out where us fwd boys sit against the awds. when i finaly get pics of my car ill start posting them thanks