Best boost controller for a 1G? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Best boost controller for a 1G?

poeman
04-07-2001, 02:52 PM
What is the best boost controller for a 1G?

BlkGost
04-07-2001, 06:14 PM
I think it depends on many things on whats best. First off you would want to decide if you want to go manual ($) or electronic ($$..$). Then you defineatly want one that holds the boost and not surge. And also what do you drive (fwd, awd). Pretty sure someone can help you once you answer some of those questions.

1quick1g
04-08-2001, 12:16 PM
My opinion I would go with the prolific B because you can change your high and low boost with just a click of a button instead of having to pull over and change your boost so you can race that honda. Roadrace has them for $350 and thats not a bad price at all. Also with a prolific you can boost much as you want but with a manual boost your very limited on how much you can boost. thats my two cents

-nate 94 gst

tfin
04-08-2001, 12:56 PM
My car came with a Halman, and it worked just fine. I then came appon a profec b. I love it. I can adjust the boost on the fly. Both hold bost exelent. But beware if you are not carefull with either you can realy mess things up. The guy I got the profec from had a auo trany. He turned up the boost to 18 psi and trashed his trany.

poeman
04-08-2001, 02:46 PM
I have a FWD. I am not sure the difference between the electronic and manual boost controllers. I will spend the money for the electronic if it worth it.

tfin
04-08-2001, 02:57 PM
With a manual controler you usualy set it and leave it. With an electric you can adjust them a little more. On the profec you have 2 settings high, and low. You can drive down the road and adjust the profec for high and low. Then you can switch between the two at your own leasure. With the manual you have to set it, make a run, correct it, make another run, and so-on and so-forth till you get the psi you want. With my profec it toook me abou t30 minutes to get it installed and set to the boost settings tat I wanted.

BlkGost
04-08-2001, 03:25 PM
lest we forget that with certain electronic boost controllers you can choose the amount of boost based on gear/ and or rpm

tanner261
04-08-2001, 06:47 PM
It seems to me that RPM selectable boost is not needed on an AWD and would only benefit FWD. Is this correct?
Of course this is considering you aren't over 500 HP in your AWD.
You can get an APEXi EBC for $205 here:
http://www.members.home.net/rollhardperformance/apexielectronics.htm

http://www.members.home.net/rollhardperformance/pImgLeft_electronics_avcd1.jpg

wkd20
04-08-2001, 09:57 PM
i've used about every boost controller made, correction, i have used them all, trying to find the best for my dsm, i started out with the blitz dual sbc, i used it for about a year, then i tryed the rest, i havent come accross one yet that has the features or response of the blitz piece, if you have a fwd it has a scramble setting for drag app,also it has 4 preset settings for boost levels, all you have to do is turn the knob once to the next setting, also it has a boost limiter to protect the turbo and engine from over boost , after using them all i went back to the dual sbc, i cuurently am using the new sbc-id, AWESOME piece!!!turbo mag did an 8 PAGE article on it calling it "the best and fastest responding controller we've ever tested" call me at my shop if you have any questions, 501-783-8552, l8tr and good luck, joe

90TSI-AWD
04-09-2001, 06:24 PM
I have had great luck with JBC manual boost controller. Don't waste your money on an electronic model. Boost control is simple, and you don't need all the gimmicks unless your really hard core. DSS sells the JBC for $55. I think its the best out there (I have had a Joe P. and RRE MBC)

wkd20
04-09-2001, 08:16 PM
exactly what do you have done 2 your car, poeman?