Wirring question. [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Wirring question.

Andrew
02-23-2004, 08:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any pics of the underdash wirring on the drivers side of a 90 Eclipse GSX? Becuase, mine looks kind of hacked up... Any help would be great, thanks.

Dyesin
02-23-2004, 09:15 PM
What do you mean by "hacked up"? Is something wrong with the car or are you just concerned by the looks of things?

Dyesin
02-23-2004, 09:15 PM
What do you mean by "hacked up"? Is something wrong with the car or are you just concerned by the looks of things?

Andrew
02-23-2004, 10:24 PM
It's very much a project car, and some of the wirring has been cut, some of it has been rigged. I'm hoping with a picture or two, I might be able to figure out where everything goes. I've got a green wire, and a red wire both cut, that ran by the door, and I have know idea what they hooked into. Some of the collor coded wires don't match, stuff like that. Not to mention every fuse in the the fuse box is gone. Any help woud be great.

Dyesin
02-24-2004, 01:38 PM
I've got a service manual, but no way of posting pics.
Where you located in VA?

Andrew
02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm about 45 minutes south of roanoke, out in a little place called check. If you know wirring, you're more than wellcome to out, I can offer ciggettes at the very least... ;) I think what they did, was cut out a couple of the plugs going to the fuse box, and then spliced the wires back together wrong. Might try cutting out the plugs on the 1g fwd I've got and putting em' in there.

Andrew
02-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I was pretty wrong..they didn't cut out a plug, I have no idea what they did... The wirring looks completely diffrent than in my fwd Laser, not really sure what features this car had. And they did a terrible job of hooking up what ever they pulled apart. In some places three wires at a time are spliced together, and the majority of the collor coding doesn't match, and some wires are completely cut off. My shop manual doesn't even show pics of it. So I'm very confused, any place I could find pics of underdash wirring would be great. The VFAQ doesn't even seem to have any. Thanks.

Andrew
02-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Alright, I think I found out why my wirring looked so weird. I think a aftermarket alarm system was put in, one which I now I need to take out. The main unit I pulled out, says Viper C60 on it, does anyone know what it is?