Doors unlock after TT shuts off. [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Doors unlock after TT shuts off.

91EclipseGuy
02-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey all,

I just got a new (to me) TSI AWD. It has a Blitz turbo timer installed. When the car is off and the TT is running, after it shuts down the locks unlock!!! How do I fix this? Can it be fixed?

Thanks
Tim

pb4ugotobed
02-25-2004, 08:01 PM
i'm assuming there is probably an aftermarket keyless entry or alarm installed in the vehicle. maybe they didn't give you the remotes or lost them. pull the drivers side dash down and i'll bet you find an alarm brain down there. usually they will have an ignition locks feature, that will lock and unlock the doors when you start/turn off the car. if you dont have a remote for it, then just unplug it and pull it out. if you do have a remote, just reprogram it to run the ignition controlled locks off :)

91EclipseGuy
02-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by pb4ugotobed
i'm assuming there is probably an aftermarket keyless entry or alarm installed in the vehicle. maybe they didn't give you the remotes or lost them. pull the drivers side dash down and i'll bet you find an alarm brain down there. usually they will have an ignition locks feature, that will lock and unlock the doors when you start/turn off the car. if you dont have a remote for it, then just unplug it and pull it out. if you do have a remote, just reprogram it to run the ignition controlled locks off :)

There is no aftermarket system instaled. Where is this plug you speak of to stop it from auto-locking?

Thanks