A/F gauge install question. [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: A/F gauge install question.

Wheel_manz
03-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Im installing A/F gauge on a 92 Tsi AWD Talon, and was wondering if connecting it to the ECU is the best place to connect the wire? and what is the easiest way to get to the ECU?

944g63Talon
03-25-2004, 02:08 PM
I went to the ecu. The easiest way is to remove the sides of the center console, then there should be 3 screws holding the ecu in place. In case you dont know its at the front of the console near the fire wall. It's easier to pull it out on the passenger side. You should have a zip tie holding the wiring harness to the floor just below the ecu, pop the zip tie off the floor and carefully slide the ecu out. The o2 sensor is a solid white wire pin #4 on the largest plug. Good luck. Just to let you know an a/f gauge is almost useless in most peoples opinion since o2 sensors aren't very accurate, unless you go for wideband. While you have the ecu out you should open it up and make sure your caps arent leaking. If you need any more info PM me. I just had my ecu out yesterday to install my afc.

2_blue
03-31-2004, 12:57 AM
Its much easier if you follow the instructions on the vfaqs ...

RippinGSX
04-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 2_blue
Its much easier if you follow the instructions on the vfaqs ...
I completely agree. There is a wire up in the passenger side just waiting to tap into.

TrekBMX18
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm sure it would be easier...but that would mean that the link in the vfaq would have to work. noticed quite a few of them are no longer existant :dunno:

RippinGSX
04-27-2004, 06:15 AM
I take it you haven't found the wire to tap yet?

TrekBMX18
04-27-2004, 11:46 AM
why bother tapping when you have the nice little white female connector sitting there waiting for a wire to be connected to it? :D

RippinGSX
04-27-2004, 11:51 AM
That's what I meant, you just need to put a male slide connector on it and it plugs right in.

TrekBMX18
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
never had a problem finding it for my install...i was just bitching about the fact that the VFAQ is falling apart...

and by the way...you need to use a female connector to connect to the terminal in the plug ;)