no speedometer?? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: no speedometer??

TSIwithPSI
04-20-2004, 12:26 PM
i have no speedometer , what can i do?

RippinGSX
04-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Hook the cable back up.

Turbo'dTalon1G
04-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Join the club dog.....it's been like 4 months. I havent gotten a ticket or into any trouble...it's sure annoying because it's hard to tell if your car is fast or not. I tried a new speedo gear, but that didn't work. Also check if your speed sensor is bad....mine is.

Sean485
04-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Turbo'dTalon1G
Join the club dog.....it's been like 4 months. I havent gotten a ticket or into any trouble...it's sure annoying because it's hard to tell if your car is fast or not. I tried a new speedo gear, but that didn't work. Also check if your speed sensor is bad....mine is.
1g's use a cable so if the speedo doesn't work its most likely either a bad speedo or a bad speedo cable. The speed sensor for 1g's is built into the speedo itself.

2g's have an electronic sensor on the trans for the speedo. Check to make sure its still secured into the trans and the wire is plugged in good.

For both the 1g and 2g's the speedo sensor (or cable connection) is on the back of the trans right next to the T-case on the top of the trans.

Good luck, Sean.

RippinGSX
04-21-2004, 11:07 AM
It sounds like they both have cables that aren't hooked up.

Turbo'dTalon1G
04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
negatory! Pretty sure mine is hooked up and i have a new gear and everything. I'm gonna swap out the speedo (itself) and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the info about the speed sensors.

RippinGSX
04-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Pretty sure or positive?