Criss crossed wires? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Criss crossed wires?

Saberz
04-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I did some rewiring/soldering on the ECU harness, including doing most of the AFC wiring over. I have a question. Where the AFC intercepts the MAS wire, if the pink and orange wires arent in the right order, what would that do? My AFC wont turn on, and I cant find power at the orange wire on the MPI power terminal. Would this affect it?

Blackboost
05-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Saberz
the pink and orange wires arent in the right order, what would that do?

Did you soldered them incorrectly or what? Just asking....

Moved to Electronics Tech...

Saberz
05-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, I didnt install the AFC originally, I was just redoing some bad connections. The guy who owned it before me had a bunch of push connectors on there. When I was finished the AFC wouldnt turn on, but the car will idle just fine despite the CEL on and it wont rev over 3k due to too much fuel. I got some wiring info off of here and noticed the pink and orange wires arent connected in the order that it says. So yeah, I switched them up apparently when I was soldering. I'm not sure if this would affect the AFC turning on, but I cant find any (well, .65v) at the MPI pin on the ecu even with the car running. Shouldnt there be voltage at this pin anytime the key is on?

Saberz
05-01-2004, 02:35 PM

Saberz
05-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I have an update. I was checking out the pins and I found 11.7v at pin #106. 106 is supposed to be a ground, and its the one that both AFC grounds tap into. Also, pin #107 connects directly to one of the MPI relays. Could this mean the relay is fuxored? Also, I've asked before and searched, but no one could reliably tell me where the MPI relay(s) are to be found. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Saberz
05-01-2004, 07:45 PM
I was retarded. I was looking at it wrong. AFC works now. This all happened when I accidentally fried my ECU while testing the MAS. Now that the AFC is running, I can see why my CEL is on with the car running. Its showing zero air flow, which means not only did I fry the ECU, but the MAS as well. Looks like I'm going to be taking off the 2G MAS and putting the stock 1G MAS back on. Question, should I hack the 1G mas or just leave it stock till I can get a GM MAS? I know I'll hit fuel cut with mysetup as it is, any help is appreciated.

Blackboost
05-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Saberz
I know I'll hit fuel cut with mysetup as it is, any help is appreciated.

Then go for the hacked MAS for the time being.