thermal 3" [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: thermal 3"

ek9t
04-15-2001, 02:10 PM
i know i dont have a dsm... but i hoped someone here might know;
right now i have a full 3" exhaust made by kooks on my car... no cat... straight from the downpipe... and my car is loud as balls! my dad has been getting pretty ticked off about the noise it makes when i come home at night and leave the turbo timer running for a few minutes... he's willing to pay for a new exhaust to quite it down (nice dad huh?)... on my last car i had a thermal catback and i really liked it... does anyone have experience with the 3" thermal... how loud is it... it has a resonator; correct?

oh..btw... i have a gsr motor running 11psi...3" straight exhaust from the turbo back (and u know whats funny; i still get backpressure!)

greenstreak
04-15-2001, 04:34 PM
I love my Thermal but to tell you the truth it is pretty loud. No resonators on mine either.

Endless
04-18-2001, 09:38 PM
I had the thermal with a resonator when I had my turbo GSR and it wasnt too loud. But that was after the resonator. I sounded pretty tame after I took the cat out and had the resonator, but without the resonator it was pretty nasty

ek9t
04-18-2001, 10:52 PM
what resonator did u use?