No Grass- No Gas! [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: No Grass- No Gas!

roadpie4u
04-17-2001, 12:40 PM
I have an A/T, and I hate it. I'm fine with my 92' Talon NT, but the automatic is a pain. When looking for performance, I switch off the Overdrive and switch from Economy to Power. The power helps - makes it shift in higher rpms. But anyway, I wish it'd shift even higher, but that's not the buggin thing. If I floor the gas going up a hill for example, at about 3000rpms and 30mph, I see no increase in mph or hp. I think it's the injectors, fuel pump, and rail. I'm guessing they just dont have the power to really get fuel in there, or it's the ECU being retarded and not letting me have my fun :). I'm guessing that's the problem, as I have the stock injectors, rail, and pump, and if that is the problem, that I'd guess it'd be a good idea to upgrade. I'm guessing I dont need anything too extensive - aka get a hold of the injectors, rail, and pump from a tsi? That's my best thought. Well, gotta run.

Redsand187
04-17-2001, 10:12 PM
I'd run some injector cleaner through it first, it should make a pretty big difference if you haven't done it latly. I have seen huge improvements from just doing so. Also do you have a intake yet? Those are good for some upperend power.

91talonnt
04-18-2001, 08:19 AM
i hate having a a/t nt to. it wouldn't be as bad if it were a 5 speed. but im hopefully geting a 2g gsx soon! just got to find one.

destrux
04-18-2001, 08:25 AM
could it possibly have to do with the ecu retarding the timing?...not sure if the n/t has the knock sensor or if it works based on engine temp or something....

LaFemmeDSM
04-18-2001, 02:08 PM
You could try the injector cleaner but I don't think it is a fuel problem. The richer you run the more the engine will bog and the N/T's already run damn rich to begin with.

When you go up a hill or step down on the gas hard the tranny should be down shifting to give you that extra umf.
If it isn't doing this, try changing the tranny fluid or at least check it. (should be clear bright red, murky metallic is BAD.)

Let me know :)

Trevor K
04-18-2001, 02:41 PM
Just a suggestion, but if you think it's a fuel problem, what about checking the fuel filter?

Trevor

Redsand187
04-18-2001, 11:06 PM
Yeah the Fuel filter may be the problem too.

roadpie4u
04-19-2001, 10:24 AM
Well, checked the tranny fluid - it isnt bright red... murky. So I have to change that el pronto this weekend. Also the fuel filter is in bad shape - both things! geez! I do have an opened intake, with a decent filter, but not a weapon R or something, it's still the stock intake pipe. Thanks y'all!