4g63 AMG engine swap help. Vacuum hoses [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: 4g63 AMG engine swap help. Vacuum hoses

GalantAMG
09-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I'm in the middle of and engine swap right now, I have a 92 Galant DOHC 5 speed, And I'm putting in a JDM 4g63 AMG engine, with a cyclone intake. Anyways, both engines are sitting on the floor of the garage right now, and there seems to be a differance with the vacuum hoses. Now I dont really know what any of these do, I'm not a hardcore engine guy. But the top of the throttle body on my old intake manifold has 3 spots for vacuum hoses, and on the cyclone, just 1. As to where this hose is supose to go, I dont know, it was cut. Under the intake manifold though theres someing circular and gold that 2 hoses are coming out of, but they were also cut, and I dont know where they are supose to go either. I will take some pictures tonight of everything and post them. If anyone knows what I'm talking about so far, please help! Thanks

Chris

karnsatron
09-17-2004, 01:23 PM
I believe the canister you are talking about is the vacuum reservoir used to operate the butterflies in the cyclone intake. I think there are a couple places on the net that walk you through what you need to do to get the butterflies working properly, but I don't know where they are off-hand.
Most people say just use your old intake manifold and throttle body to simplify things.

GalantAMG
09-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for getting back to me! I'm curious though, won't I achieve better fuel economy, as well as more performance with the intake manifold from the JDM engine vs the USDM one?

Sorry for such the newb question but I'm bouncing back and forth on here between breaks and it's hard to find out stuff :(

Thanks again, Chris

GalantAMG
09-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Okay, After reading the 13 page thread "Cyclone Intake Manifold Question", I am still lost. Everything on there was about using the cyclone on a turboed engine. The AMG 4g63 is NON turbo. I think I'm just going to put on the intake manifold from my old motor. I dont think the cyclone will make as big of a differance on the non turbo as it would the turbo.

But, If anyone has any wonderful answers and diagrams to post, please still do so. Thanks.

rgeier11
09-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Buy a 1g intake mani and a 1g Turbo throttle body (No 1990's!!).

Block off all of the vaccum lines on the throttle body with plugs. The only vaccum lines you will have to run are the ones from the boost controller to wastegate. Boost controller to "t fitting" in BOV-Intake manifold line. The line from the BOV to the intake manifold like I just stated. The line on the FPR to the Intake manifold, and the line from the fuel pressure solenoid to the fuel pressure regulator. I think that is all of them. You can leave the egr on the intake, with no vaccum lines attatched. You do not need any vaccum lines to the thermostat housing, leave those open.

GalantAMG
09-19-2004, 09:49 PM
My car is a non turbo.

2.3 Stroker
09-19-2004, 10:08 PM
the cyclone intake helps the turbo cars achieve more torque at low rpms because it has dual runners and at low rpms the air travles at a higher velosity. I doubt it would make a difference on N/t(it's just like any other mod on a non/turbo, the turbo car will always bennifit more.
Block off your egr valve and remove all your vacume lines, rgeier11 is right, on a non' turb they arn't needed for anything.

good luck!