ADFX Racing [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: ADFX Racing

thiazole
04-28-2005, 12:15 AM
In mid May of 2004, I purchased an intercooler from ADFX on the internet. I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, so I e-mailed them on June 2nd to verify the order. Mike promptly replied and said "our computers died and I'll get the confirmation to you tomorrow". I gave them until June 8th before sending another e-mail asking about the status to which I finally recieved a response on June 16th saying "the order was just completed, you'll get it next week". I waited until July 8th and didn't receive anything. I fired off another e-mail asking why if they shipped it 3 weeks earlier I hadn't received it. They ignored it. I searched out others who had dealt with ADFX and found that it was common for them to take a few months to deliver the goods. Finally in August, I received my intercooler. I made it work with piping that I already had. On February 1 of this year, I decided to buy the pipe kit they made to make my set up less ghetto (against my better judgement) and found that ADFX was no longer taking orders directly. I called one of their vendors, GT Pro Performance Tuning and ordered the kit from them. They said that they would have to get it from ADFX, but that I would have it shortly. I let the salesman know that I would believe it when I saw it because ADFX is slower than hell. I still haven't received it and I just tried to look at ADFX's website and found that they no longer exist. Guess I'll have to call GT Pro and get my money back (I don't hold GT Pro responsible - I did have a message on my phone to call them a few weeks ago, but I just thought it was to tell me that ADFX is taking forever like usual so I didn't return it). I'm partly to blame for allowing myself to get bitten twice, but I just have to say that I didn't expect to see that having too much demand for their product would cause them to go out of business. I'm sure all business owners wish they suffered this problem.

thiazole
04-28-2005, 12:24 AM
By the way, I didn't mention that the products sold by ADFX were of very high quality. I am very happy with my intercooler, just not the vendor.

AMS Eric #2
05-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Were'nt they in Chicago?

muchachoruiz
05-16-2005, 04:53 PM
we were a distributor for ADFX and they went down fast and hard. i hope you get your money back.

0lmytsi
06-06-2005, 06:12 PM
A friend of mine's adfx intercooler blew a weld and it was like a month old.

maxpsitalon
06-30-2005, 01:31 AM
A friend of mine's adfx intercooler blew a weld and it was like a month old.
I have one of their intercoolers on each of my talons and have had BOTH rewelded numberous times! I don't believe the welds are all of the problem (some of them don't look like they penetrated the material), but I believe the thin ass material that they use on the endtanks are. Both of the intercoolers look like they are bowing outward and everytime that an intercooler is rewelded, I have it stress crack anyway after a complete pull. Anyone else having similar problems? I'm getting very frustrated that I am going to have to build new end tanks out of thicker material and replace the current POS ones, at my own expense.

Whiteonyx86
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
i feel your paint man i feel your pain....im thinking about finding new endtanks as well, but i need to do a little more research.