clutch or trans.. [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: clutch or trans..

pgthao
07-10-2005, 12:02 PM
just brought a talon yesterday, i wasnt sure it the clutch was bad or the trans was bad.. shift fine into gear fine. but does not move, no grinds, when I press gas in gear the speedo goes up and car goes no where.. need help, im assuming its the clutch..btw both axles in and won't move in anyother gear

MitsuModder
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
sounds like a clutch.

DRW
07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
If the speedo goes up and the car doesn't move, you have a broken front axle and fried viscous coupler. The speedo cable spins off the front diff, so if the speedo goes up, the front diff is turning.

takumi4G63
07-26-2005, 01:59 AM
just brought a talon yesterday, i wasnt sure it the clutch was bad or the trans was bad.. shift fine into gear fine. but does not move, no grinds, when I press gas in gear the speedo goes up and car goes no where.. need help, im assuming its the clutch..btw both axles in and won't move in anyother gear

Clutch is totally gone. Pull the tranny and check it out, sounds like you have to regardless...

Super4x4Duty
07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
If the clutch is gone the input shaft of the trans will not spin while you have the trans in gear so the speedo will not move. Something in the tranny is broke or it is a FWD with an AWD trans in it and the VC or diff isn't welded yet.