im somewhat of a newbie plz help [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: im somewhat of a newbie plz help

dstnbmx
10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
ok i have a 90 gs-t, and a 90 gs, my transmission went bad in the gs-t so i put the gs transmission in and with the change of the flywheel and clutch and pressure plate it fit. i am going to take the gs to the crusher soon and need to know if there is anything that the nonturbo 4g63 might have that would be better for my gs-t, i know the throttle body elbow is alot bigger on the non turbo, is there a difference in the cams?

and if i were to install a water/alcohol injection on my gs-t could that help fuel cut, i run 9-10 psi normall with just the bcs restrictor removed , but every so often i would remove the whole solenoid and it would run 16-17. but my stock clutch slips bad, i think b/c it is the n/t clutch? its brand new

dstnbmx
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
ok now that i've read on i see that the n/t trans isnt such a good idea, i dont seem to have any problems out of it? i actually like the shorter gears, get up to speed a little faster it seems and keeps the rev's up, not to mention the wheel spin , anyone know anything about this?

shekky
10-02-2005, 06:25 PM
My friend used a NT trans on his FWD turbo. His tranny literally exploded all over the road.

dstnbmx
10-02-2005, 06:28 PM
i still have the turbo tranny , but the syncros are all bad 1st-2nd-3rd-reverse, all were gone couldnt hardly get in gear, will the syncros from the n/t tranny work in the turbo tranny ?