Tranny Prob Need Help [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Tranny Prob Need Help

onequiklaser
10-06-2005, 07:37 PM
yeah i was driving home today and i went to get on it i was in 1st i went to bang 2nd and it was like i missed sounded crazy but i lost 1 and 2 gear and when i got home i still had 3rd and 4th gear, but when i got home i looked at the linkage cables that connect to the tranny the one linkage was popped off the cotter pin flew out or broke, but the problem is now that the tranny makes a horrible noise when the clutch isnt in gauged and if the cars in neutral and you revv it up the tranny makes a noise what can this be? i have another tranny if this ones fucked and the car also has act 2100 clutch if that means anythign and the car is a 90 laser turbo fwd

onequiklaser
10-06-2005, 08:43 PM
anyone kno??

duddy
10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
maybe try the manual transmission section

onequiklaser
10-07-2005, 07:06 AM
nope nothing in the m/t section, nothing close to what is happening with my car :confused:

onequiklaser
10-07-2005, 08:08 AM
well i dont think its my tranny anymore i think its coming from my motor know that i can see in day light, but the noise seems to be coming from the engine and when i rev it up the boost gaughe dont move or anything.....do u thinmk the motors shot????

greenstreak
10-07-2005, 08:30 AM
When you missed the gear did you over rev the motor?

onequiklaser
10-07-2005, 09:03 AM
i did i think thats the problem i jsut wanted to think is was the tranny i guess but like i said when i heard it today the noise was coming from the motor so i guess its the motor right>?? i have another motor thank god :(