DSMSpeed cold air intake for 1G NT [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: DSMSpeed cold air intake for 1G NT

GermanDSM
05-04-2001, 08:52 AM
Hi DSMSpeed,

whats up with the selfmade cold air intake??? Any updates, news, infos??

verserv
05-04-2001, 05:01 PM
its easy as hell. Get a shop vac attachment, some exhaust tubing, and a brackst and some screws and twist ties. Then run it from right in front of your tranny(you will see a piece of plastic to screw it too. Then wist tie it to parts near it then run it near, you open canned air filter. not in it just incase of water spray. And put on some gutter gaurd to stop rocks from flying into that tube. I have had it in my car for about a month and my temp gauge reads about 1mm lower than avg.(havent measured it yet)

NTLaser
05-05-2001, 12:17 AM
What i did was screw the K&N to the MAS, Grind out the little hole that goes into where the resonator is. Take the resonator out, go to lowes or somewhere and get 2 3" PVC elbows, and 1 3" rubber elbow, wrap some eletrical tape around the mas opening and attach it to the rubber elbow and clamp it down, attach the other two elbows together to the factory intake pipe and your set. I felt a major difference when i put mine down there. Just dont drive in the snow and deep water and you should be fine. Have fun.
Scott