Dejon Tool [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Dejon Tool

Spoolin69
10-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Well here goes with this review....... I bought their uicp blowthrough setup for my 92 laser RS (AWD). Apon first inspection of the pipe it looked like crap, there were paint runs everywhere on the pipe and some very large scratches in the pipe before they painted it, so there were very large scratches showing through the paint!! So I called SBR where I purchased this from and they said to call Dejon, so I did, I was told to talk to Dave Johnson and I did. He gave me a hard time and made it sound like this was my fault!! So I told him that I had just got this pipe and I wanted it fixed, after about 10 mins. of talking with him he said ok and I sent him the pipe. Well about a week and a half later I get the pipe back from Dejon Tool and the inside of the pipe looks like SHIT!! but all the scratches are gone and it looks much better than it did, so I say I'll just keep it. Well about 1 month later I was working on the car and it was about 95 outside so I was sweating and I touched the UICP with my arm(no big deal) while I was working on the laser and the next day I opened up the hood only to find that my sweat had gone through the paint!!!!!!! Well I'm furious at this point because the UICP has to come off and be sent again!! WTF!!! I can't be without this car due to some personal reasons and I would have no way to get to work since I've sold everything that was on the car to begin with. So I let about a month and a half go by before I can get my wife a new car that she can have to drive. I then call Dejon Tool up again and explain what happened and he REFUSED TO FIX IT!!! He wanted to charge me $25.00 + $5.00 for shipping!! Their website says that it has a 1 YEAR WARRANTY for parts and workmanship!!! This is clearly a workmanship issue!! Well mid conversation with this POS he starts to yell at me and I stayed calm, then he said this
"I sell hundereds of thousands of dollars every year and every once and a while I have a customer just like you that is a PAIN IN MY ASS" What kind of shit is that?? That is not how you get business in this world and that is not how you treat a customer!!!
So after talking to him I called Slowboyracing up and I got Craig and I explained to him what was going on and he was shocked at what had just happened to me, he said that he would call Dave and talk to him and try to get it straightened out for me. He calls me back and says that Dave won't answer the phone any more!!! So Craig calls up a place that they do business with in PA and he will do it for me. SBR IS PAYING THE BILL FOR THIS!! Now that is customer service!! He did not have to do that at all but I'm gratefull that I can count on a vendor to stand by what they sell!! Thank you Craig for stepping up to the plate on this one!!! You have a customer for life!! and for Dejon Tool you can kiss my ass I hope that you go out of business for the way you do business!!
Thanks SBR
Shane

cbilmer
10-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Well i'm sure as hell glad that this isn't another SBR bash fest. Good to see them stepping up and taking care of you like that.

I've purchased several pieces of Dejon equipment and the stuff works great. I did notice that the paint or whatnot does discolor fairly easily though. The intake pipe touched my rad hoses and the paint turned black. I personally wouldn't send a part back over that... but that doesn't really make it right.

Glad to see you're getting it fixed!

Spoolin69
10-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Well i'm sure as hell glad that this isn't another SBR bash fest. Good to see them stepping up and taking care of you like that.

I've purchased several pieces of Dejon equipment and the stuff works great. I did notice that the paint or whatnot does discolor fairly easily though. The intake pipe touched my rad hoses and the paint turned black. I personally wouldn't send a part back over that... but that doesn't really make it right.

Glad to see you're getting it fixed!
I went with the "almost chrome" finish. It says that it is not resistant to coolent exct... But the fact of the matter is that this pipe is UGLY looking, I open my hood and people are like WTF is that on the pipe, and I have to tell them. Slowboy stepped up and earned more respect than I can eaven say. Craig went out of his way to help me out. I will not ever buy another Dejon Tool part again, I'm so pissed at what he said to me.
Shane

4SFED4
10-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I have noticed a few vedors that claim their parts are powder coated, but are not or it was improperly done. I had a similar problem with a UICP I bought form Straight Line Specialties. It was supposed to be powder coated, but started to rust on the outside through the "powder coat".

What really amazes me is I have built my own pipes and simply primered and painted them with generic brand Walmart paint and had less corrosion problems.

If you are very concerned about appearance and don't build your own pipes, I would suggest buying a cheaper set not painted or not claiming a powder coat. Then have a local professional shop do the coating for you. You may also want to look into buying aluminum pipes(no corrosion worries) and polishing them.

RedTurboEclipse
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
wow a negative review of dejon tool.. i gotta admit.. the paint/powdercoat (whatever they claim to do) isn't that great of quality.. it scratches easily/fades/dulls/etc.. (from a red part i got for my old gs-t).. however I got everything in black now so its not too bad.. with APPEARANCE aside.. i have no other complaints.. ive ordered.. upper L, S pipes.. lower pipes.. and a 3.5" intake pipe from them before.. they come with quality silicone couplers and clamps.. fitment is good and no problem with install.. and havnt had a problem with them.. except the paint/powdercoat problem.. but again thats minor.. esp on black.. just keep your engine bay clean and clean them regularly and hope they don't go dull.. im sure i would've felt the wrath of their customer service if i complained as well but oh well..

good luck

outofideas327
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
I ordered an UICP in black from dejon tool, and had it in my hands in two days. It did seem to scratch up abit during the install, but thats my fault, and when the car has some downtime I will repowdercoat it. No fade yet, it seems to be holding up nicely but I've only run it for a couple months. I also have his MBC and haven't had an issue with his products/services, but I also haven't had to deal with their customer service yet.

Spoolin69
10-30-2005, 08:14 PM
The paint was just a main issue, I bought it to LOOK good as well as preform, I got one of two. I will never buy another part from them, Dave is a A-HOLE IMO. They do have good quality parts I'm sure or they would not be in business but to treat someone with that little of respect is just B.S. Thanks for the replys and keep them coming.
Shane

Corpsegrinder
10-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Any proof of what you are stating? I think SBR should also look at the merchandise they are selling and shipping a customer. If they see craftsmanship issues, they shouldn't of have shipped it to you. Just my .02 cents. ;)

hybridshooter
10-30-2005, 11:31 PM
On my old 1g, I got a uicp from them. The powdercoating was pretty runny looking, and it started to rust around the bov flange. I had good fast service with them, however I had to get a replacement pipe form them. The first one they send me had the bov flange on top of the pipe, and the hood would not close. I called them, and they told me I installed it wrong. How the hell do you install it wrong, it's pretty much common sense how it fits in there? But I sent them the old one, and they got me a replacement after a few phone conversations to pursuade them.

FourG63 98GST
10-31-2005, 01:24 AM
Well here goes with this review....... I bought their uicp blowthrough setup for my 92 laser RS (AWD). Apon first inspection of the pipe it looked like crap, there were paint runs everywhere on the pipe and some very large scratches in the pipe before they painted it, so there were very large scratches showing through the paint!! So I called SBR where I purchased this from and they said to call Dejon, so I did, I was told to talk to Dave Johnson and I did. He gave me a hard time and made it sound like this was my fault!! So I told him that I had just got this pipe and I wanted it fixed, after about 10 mins. of talking with him he said ok and I sent him the pipe. Well about a week and a half later I get the pipe back from Dejon Tool and the inside of the pipe looks like SHIT!! but all the scratches are gone and it looks much better than it did, so I say I'll just keep it. Well about 1 month later I was working on the car and it was about 95 outside so I was sweating and I touched the UICP with my arm(no big deal) while I was working on the laser and the next day I opened up the hood only to find that my sweat had gone through the paint!!!!!!! Well I'm furious at this point because the UICP has to come off and be sent again!! WTF!!! I can't be without this car due to some personal reasons and I would have no way to get to work since I've sold everything that was on the car to begin with. So I let about a month and a half go by before I can get my wife a new car that she can have to drive. I then call Dejon Tool up again and explain what happened and he REFUSED TO FIX IT!!! He wanted to charge me $25.00 + $5.00 for shipping!! Their website says that it has a 1 YEAR WARRANTY for parts and workmanship!!! This is clearly a workmanship issue!! Well mid conversation with this POS he starts to yell at me and I stayed calm, then he said this
"I sell hundereds of thousands of dollars every year and every once and a while I have a customer just like you that is a PAIN IN MY ASS" What kind of shit is that?? That is not how you get business in this world and that is not how you treat a customer!!!
So after talking to him I called Slowboyracing up and I got Craig and I explained to him what was going on and he was shocked at what had just happened to me, he said that he would call Dave and talk to him and try to get it straightened out for me. He calls me back and says that Dave won't answer the phone any more!!! So Craig calls up a place that they do business with in PA and he will do it for me. SBR IS PAYING THE BILL FOR THIS!! Now that is customer service!! He did not have to do that at all but I'm gratefull that I can count on a vendor to stand by what they sell!! Thank you Craig for stepping up to the plate on this one!!! You have a customer for life!! and for Dejon Tool you can kiss my ass I hope that you go out of business for the way you do business!!
Thanks SBR
Shane

Ive bought countless items from Dejon tool and i never had a problem with Dave. To say that dejon tool should go out of business is an idiotic statement. His quality in parts are the best bang for the buck. You seem to be complaining on how it "looks". Ever heard the saying.."if she's ugly put a plastic bag over her face". Maybe you should try that with your pipes..paint it yourself. While i understand your frustration as i would be pissed too..this certainly isnt that big of a deal. You bought the Piping through Slowboy..you shouldnt even have to call Dejontool..SBR is the one responsible since u bought it through them. Seems to me SBR is trying to look for someone else to blame knowing its there fault..and now they are trying to make u believe that they are actually "satisfying" there customer..BS. Its there job..they have to take care of you because you bought it from them.

Briuah
10-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Bought a few different pipes from Dejon, quality was ok but the paint/powder coat was not the greatest.

Spoolin69
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Ive bought countless items from Dejon tool and i never had a problem with Dave. To say that dejon tool should go out of business is an idiotic statement. His quality in parts are the best bang for the buck. You seem to be complaining on how it "looks". Ever heard the saying.."if she's ugly put a plastic bag over her face". Maybe you should try that with your pipes..paint it yourself. While i understand your frustration as i would be pissed too..this certainly isnt that big of a deal. You bought the Piping through Slowboy..you shouldnt even have to call Dejontool..SBR is the one responsible since u bought it through them. Seems to me SBR is trying to look for someone else to blame knowing its there fault..and now they are trying to make u believe that they are actually "satisfying" there customer..BS. Its there job..they have to take care of you because you bought it from them.
Well first off I spent a good amount of money on this pipe, It is ugly!!! I did not pay for a ugly pipe, I paid for a great quality piece and I did not get that at all, All I got was insults from Dave himself!! I'm not going to put a bag on the pipes and I'm NOT going to paint it myself, because this should not happen at all!! To me this is a very big deal due to the fact he will not honor his warranty, He is a liar with sh*tty bussiness skills as far as i'm concerned. If you pay for a used item then it's ok because it's not going to be perfect, but if you pay full price then it has to not only LOOK GOOD but it has to PREFORM GOOD as well, I got one of two. As far as SBR goes, They tried to call Dejon up after this and he would not answer his phone!! REAL NICE, so they took care of me by eating the cost and shipping it somewhere else to have the painting done by someone who knows how to paint. They did not have to do that but they did, unlike Dejon Tool who just told me to stick it where the sun does not shine.
Shane

Spoolin69
10-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Any proof of what you are stating? I think SBR should also look at the merchandise they are selling and shipping a customer. If they see craftsmanship issues, they shouldn't of have shipped it to you. Just my .02 cents. ;)
I sent the pipe out allready, A-lot of people have seen the pipe and the pipe was drop shipped to my house from Dejon.

90BlueGSX
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
any pics of it ?

eclipze111
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I ordered one of there blow thru setup pipes in that almost chrome finish, about a month later the pipes are all corroded and they look terrible. It makes me sick to even pop my hood. Also upon installation I couldnt even get the pipes to fit right. I had to cut up my stock pipes and use one as a long coupling because the pipes wouldnt reach the smic enough to get a regular coupling on there. Also the pipes would blow apart at full boost on the t-25 because the clamps couldnt hold up. I think for a $200 uicp the thing should perform and look better than what it does. Another thing, my friend ordered one of these and the paint was fine on his, and still is, but who ever welded the bov flange on is obviously blind because the weld did not overlap like it should. There is a little hole where the weld doesnt meet and you could feel a good bit of air coming out while the car was running. We never done anything about the problem like we should had but I know that me or him neither one will ever buy dejon products again.

mavisky
10-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Honestly I can't believe I'm reading this. As a personal friend of Dave's and having him as one of my sponsors I can safely say that there's not a more polite and upfront business owner in the dsm industry that I've met. I'm not calling you a liar, I just can't believe that he'd react like that unless he'd had a really shitty day and you'd gotten a little shitty with him as well.

Maximuscr31
10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
I know i ordered a uicp from dave a year or so back. It came slightly scratched. Was a little disapointed and was not the color i ordered but i dealt with it and got a hks ssqv. Installed it and the lip wasnt rolled right, wouldnt seal. Called him about it and said would call back. He didnt. It was also a tad bit too long, so i cut it and had a new lip rolled. Worked great. THe welds were kinda ugly too. Well 2 days after i get it and all this happens i get another pipe and hks in the mail. I shoot him a email letting him no. He then calls me and is like ill deposit the exact amount to ship it back to me in your paypal. I told him ok, shipped it to him and never got so much as a thank you. I never bought anything else from him. He was kinda rude with me about everything. I try to be a good person. So i let him know, but he just was rude. I think he needs to work on his people skills a bit

MexRocket
10-31-2005, 02:09 PM
suck it up, deal with it, they are replacing it right? stop getting your panties all up in a bunch.... What is good money for a pipe? and how would this prevent you from driving your car again? you are crying about the LOOKS of it, not the performence..... good god, reading stuff like this makes me mad, are you to cheap to spend roughly 5-10 Bucks for paint? You don't like it? fix it? not to hard....

Maximuscr31
10-31-2005, 03:37 PM
suck it up, deal with it, they are replacing it right? stop getting your panties all up in a bunch.... What is good money for a pipe? and how would this prevent you from driving your car again? you are crying about the LOOKS of it, not the performence..... good god, reading stuff like this makes me mad, are you to cheap to spend roughly 5-10 Bucks for paint? You don't like it? fix it? not to hard....
If you go and buy a car, and take it home. You get to looking at it and notice the headliner is falling down and you just bought it. Would you just go get glue and replace it yourself? or would you take it back to the dealer since its new and has a warranty. Sure it would cost much in reflection to the actual price of the car to fix it, but you would be taking it back to the dealer i gurantee. It doesnt effect your driving the car but it would piss you off. It may not be a new car but it sstill is something someone paid for and with that comes certain expectations. It also came with a warranty. I dont see why the guy needs to go buy paint when he done paid for the pipe.

Spoolin69
10-31-2005, 04:49 PM
If you go and buy a car, and take it home. You get to looking at it and notice the headliner is falling down and you just bought it. Would you just go get glue and replace it yourself? or would you take it back to the dealer since its new and has a warranty. Sure it would cost much in reflection to the actual price of the car to fix it, but you would be taking it back to the dealer i gurantee. It doesnt effect your driving the car but it would piss you off. It may not be a new car but it sstill is something someone paid for and with that comes certain expectations. It also came with a warranty. I dont see why the guy needs to go buy paint when he done paid for the pipe.
^^^^^^EXACTLY-WELL SAID^^^^^^^^^^^
I paid for something that I did not get, I spent $199 on this pipe and I shoul NOT have to paint it myself!! I would never leave a negative post about someone in the DSM community unless I got screwed....In this case I got screwed, but SBR is having it repainted for me for free. I will never buy another Dejon product again due to his attitude and lack of customer respect. I could have spent that money on anyother piece but I purchased his and I'm not happy with it.

Mavisky,
Today 08:24 PM
Honestly I can't believe I'm reading this. As a personal friend of Dave's and having him as one of my sponsors I can safely say that there's not a more polite and upfront business owner in the dsm industry that I've met. I'm not calling you a liar, I just can't believe that he'd react like that unless he'd had a really shitty day and you'd gotten a little shitty with him as well.

Well this did happen and I'm not joking or bs'ing, you can call up Dave and talk to him and ask him what he said to me and why he would not repaint this item. He will tell you everything that I said in my first post on this thread. Good luck with the sponsorship. I hope he dosn't treat you like he treated me.
Shane

welderx
10-31-2005, 06:14 PM

Exactly. I buy both DSM crap as well as inspection and measuring tools from Dave. In fact all of the machinists in my department have his angle finders.
Never a problem.

Spoolin69
10-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Exactly. I buy both DSM crap as well as inspection and measuring tools from Dave. In fact all of the machinists in my department have his angle finders.
Never a problem.
What does inspection tools have to do with bad paint?? I'm a machinist myself, We have mandral tube benders (only go to 2") lasers, turrets, press brakes and everything like that, I will try and see if I have some pics of the pipe so everyone can see what is going on, not to sure if I took any though. I would like to know what kind of tools he uses to measure his parts, I wonder if he has a "Vector" to measure the entire tube in 3D?? Well it's aparent that he does not do the best of jobs on his paint.
Shane

welderx
10-31-2005, 07:32 PM
What does inspection tools have to do with bad paint?? I'm a machinist myself, We have mandral tube benders (only go to 2") lasers, turrets, press brakes and everything like that, I will try and see if I have some pics of the pipe so everyone can see what is going on, not to sure if I took any though. I would like to know what kind of tools he uses to measure his parts, I wonder if he has a "Vector" to measure the entire tube in 3D?? Well it's aparent that he does not do the best of jobs on his paint.
Shane

Yeah, well we have a #8 Pines, so there.....

Spoolin69
10-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, well we have a #8 Pines, so there.....
What the hell does that mean to me?? either post something worthwhile or GTF off of my post, by the way, We have 5 tube benders, 4 lasers, 7 press brakes, 4 turrets and 1 Apelio laser turret and we do 3.5mil in sales per month and our quality is night and day better than the shit that Dejon sells. We don't let shitty parts get to the customer unlike him.
Shane

bigjdog84
10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I would have to say that in the past I have not been impressed with dejon tool in severel aspects.

#1. Whoever was answering the phones say maybe 1-2 years ago was very unprofessional and rude. You'd figure since you're giving them business they'd actually be friendly.

#2. Their pipes are shit. I've seen a few of their intakes that literally look like they are peiced together from scrap. I have no gripes w/dejon's powder coating though, it's decent. The flanges on the TB elbows are thing and so is the IM flange on their junk manifold.

I don't like the idea of using any sort of mild steel for induction. It develops rust from just condesation inside the pipes. I for one don't like flakes in my motor or turbo.

On the other hand, the intercooler core w/endtanks they sell is very nice.

welderx
11-01-2005, 03:44 AM
What the hell does that mean to me?? either post something worthwhile or GTF off of my post, by the way, We have 5 tube benders, 4 lasers, 7 press brakes, 4 turrets and 1 Apelio laser turret and we do 3.5mil in sales per month and our quality is night and day better than the shit that Dejon sells. We don't let shitty parts get to the customer unlike him.
Shane

Damn kid, if you're all that, make the part yourself and show David how to do it.
Your part was not perfect and the finish should have been better. iI's pretty clear that you showed Dave the whining attitude that is prevalent in your posts and THAT is what's caused your woe. Think about how you're communicating and what your goal is before you pick up the phone. Often, it's not what you say but how you say it.

3.5 million is a bad month for us. :D

outofideas327
11-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Last time I checked this wasn't a pissing contest :rolleyes: .

And I'd have to agree with welderx here, why didn't you just fab a pipe up? I know it is still an issue of a questionable product that you recieved, but you sound very picky with your parts and how they look (Not a bad thing, just stating), so why not do it the exact way you want it? I agree that the TB flange is to thin and creates some issues, so when I go to a fmic I'll just do my own pipes, the end.

I know the UICP should have been done right in the first place, but I don't see why you'd go through the trouble twice over something that can be easily fixed. Take an example from nukefission's thread, when he got his head and block back he cleaned them with running water to rid them of shavings. Sure it should have been done at the shop, but would you take all of that back to them and tell them you want it cleaned? To me its not worth the time and hassle of dealing with that, I'd just do it myself, and make a mental note that it needs to be done when dealing with that companies work. Maybe I'm missing the point though.

Sorry for the book.

boosteddevil
11-01-2005, 06:05 AM
the point is that he bought a uicp that was suppose to look nice, and it didn't, plain and simple, where not building rockets here guys the facts are facts the uicp had a warranty on it for bad workmanship which it clearly sounds like it was, so he was right and dave was wrong. period.

Spoolin69
11-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Damn kid, if you're all that, make the part yourself and show David how to do it.
Your part was not perfect and the finish should have been better. iI's pretty clear that you showed Dave the whining attitude that is prevalent in your posts and THAT is what's caused your woe. Think about how you're communicating and what your goal is before you pick up the phone. Often, it's not what you say but how you say it.

3.5 million is a bad month for us. :D
I could have re-done the pipe myself, but I'm very bussy with work and a family, but bought a piece that should NOT have to be fixed at all, why should I fix someone elsed F'ups? if everyone does that they will continue to produce shitty parts.
Shane

Belmont
11-12-2005, 06:27 PM
I must also say that the fit/finish of my 2g upper and lower IC pipe kit in almost chrome was pretty dissappointing. It required a little more "working with" than I expected.

Still, overall I've been satisfied with Dejontool products.

Beaner
11-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Taking care of? They have an unhappy customer on the phone bitching with another company for 10 minutes when he shouldn't have to talk to them at all for any reason. SBR should be the one dealing with Dejon, not the customer. That's like buying a faulty pair of Nike's from Walmart and upon return Walmart saying: f-you, call Nike, have fun.

Gotta stand behind your products if you're the middle man. If you take the money, you should have no problem dealing with the problems when the shit hits the fan. Not the customer.

Spoolin69
11-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Taking care of? They have an unhappy customer on the phone bitching with another company for 10 minutes when he shouldn't have to talk to them at all for any reason. SBR should be the one dealing with Dejon, not the customer. That's like buying a faulty pair of Nike's from Walmart and upon return Walmart saying: f-you, call Nike, have fun.

Gotta stand behind your products if you're the middle man. If you take the money, you should have no problem dealing with the problems when the shit hits the fan. Not the customer.
They did stand behind there products, they are having the pipe stripped and repainted out of there pockets because Dejon still would not honor there warranty!! The reason behind me calling them (Dejon) was because SBR wanted me to get my pipe faster, rather than sending my pipe back to them and having them send it to Dejon I just sent it to Dejon the first time. It would have taken an extra 6 days to do it that way. When your car is down it's a "PITA".
Shane

Nanan
11-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I was not all that fond of my Dejon intake pipes paint either. I tapped the intake on my core support when I was test fitting for my fmic setup and it chipped the crap out of the paint. When I saw that I was like wtf, I scratched at it with my fnger and I pulled up a chunk of paint. I said fuck it and tossed the pipe in my sand blasting box and stripped it and painted it myself with some rattle can Rustolium.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/fmicinstalled_002.jpg

greenstreak
11-19-2005, 09:49 PM
I would have been pissed too. I am on the side of the fence that you paid for a product and it should come as advertised. Could it have been fixed easily...sure. Should it have to be....no. If he sold them as unfinished then I could see it and you would know that you are expected to coat or paint it when you get it.

In all honestly Dejon's stuff IMO is bottom of the barrel for the most part. I have seen alot of parts on other's cars from them and the welds are usually not great, the paint is horrid, and misc. flanges are very thin. That is why I have never spend my money there. Buyer beware and all that jazz.

90TurboTSi
11-19-2005, 09:54 PM
In regards to dejon's flanges...super thin and I had issues under higher boost. Along with that I found my welds not to be great. The paint on my black intake pipe was not bad but the almost chrome was terrible (even when new)

Spoolin69
11-20-2005, 07:18 PM
I would have been pissed too. I am on the side of the fence that you paid for a product and it should come as advertised. Could it have been fixed easily...sure. Should it have to be....no. If he sold them as unfinished then I could see it and you would know that you are expected to coat or paint it when you get it.

In all honestly Dejon's stuff IMO is bottom of the barrel for the most part. I have seen alot of parts on other's cars from them and the welds are usually not great, the paint is horrid, and misc. flanges are very thin. That is why I have never spend my money there. Buyer beware and all that jazz.
That is exactly my point. I'm not happy with the pipe at all I will never own another Dejon Tool product again. They are bottom of the barrel and it sucks that he won't stick by his own warranty. Buyer Beware I guess:( . I'm looking at FMIC's and I was thinking of the SBR street core set up...with all of the piping so I can eliminate the Dejon sh*t in my car. What do you guys think about that set up?? anyone have it?? Like or Dislike??

HighPSI TSi Guy
11-21-2005, 12:07 AM
wierd... i've bought several things from dejon and everything always got to me looking great. the LAST pipe i got from him, DOES look like the powdercoat is of slightly lower quality though, i must admit.. and i don't like that the "dejon" sticker is on the pipe by default.. but it still looks fine and fit great

diambo4life
11-21-2005, 12:41 AM
I have all Dejon piping here. The FMIC too and it has been great for the past 3 years or so. :) Never had trouble with their work and I love them since they are very speedy. :cool:

knewblewkorvett
11-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Sorry to here of your problems.
First of all, you are right, you should not have to paint it yourself. To those that say you are just whining and to suck it up...you are wrong in my eyes.
Maybe Spoolin69 could have made the pipe himself, maybe not. The point is: he choose to purchase a pipe, do not bash him for not making the pipe himself :rolleyes: His job is irrelavent, espically since he is not a professional painter. Everyone should get what they pay for, period. What is the point of having a warrenty if the manufacturer will not honor the warrenty :confused:

It sounds like it purchased through SBR but was a direct shipment from Dejon. I could be wrong. In my opinion, SBR is in no way at fault. They did not treat Spoolin like crap, Dejon did. Is SBR stepping up to the plate to cover the product they sold, sure sounds like it to me. Should SBR have done this, damn straight they should, they sold the product. Good job Craig for taking care of the customer!

To all forum member, this is a great web site. Let's keep it that way. You can bash Dejon or praise Dejon. You can state your opinion on subjects all you want. Just don't bash the poster :mad:

ippkiss
11-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I too had problmes with dejon's blow through set up. The powder coat was of shit quality, but that was minor. I bought the pipe for its function, not its finish. The problem is, the hose dejon supplys with the're pipes is crap quality and always to short to work right. it took hours to get the damn thing to fit on with out blowing off. Then when I leak test it, I find that the intake manifold flange is leaking. Everything I could think of was tried on that steup. Silicone, 1g gasket, 1g gasket + the 2g gasket, and the damn flange is so thin that when you torque it down it actualy warps. After all that, I find that the actual weld its self is leaking where the pipe meets the intake manifold flange.

I took a huge hit selling them on the trader in "as is" conditon, and waned the person they were sold to that these pipes would have to be fixed up.

Thebullfrog
11-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I've bough an intake, uicp, and ordered my boost gauge through Dejon. I've never had any problems with anything. The fit is perfect, the craftsmanship had zero flaws, and I've never seen any fading or corroding of any kind. The paint wasn't the greatest, but it looks just fine to me. As far as customer service goes, my Autometer boost gauge showed up broken. When I E-mailed Dave about it he responded the next day offering to replace it and he would pay for shipping and everything. I was able to fix the gauge myself so it didn't matter. In my experience their products have some of the best bang-for-the-buck out there and their customer service seemed just fine to me. As far as the looks of the peices go, "you get what you pay for". It's tough to find peices of the same quality at that price range. If they have to skimp a bit on the paint job to keep cost down, then so be it. If I wasn't happy I'd just repaint the damn thing knowing that what was under the paint was still a quality part. The flanges were plenty thick enough (just as thick as the stock throttle body elbow) on the uicp I bought and I have no leaking problems. I agree the couplers kinda suck, but once I got them on all the way and tightend the living hell out of the clamps it's held fine.

Maximuscr31
11-21-2005, 10:31 AM
He gets diesel fuel line and cuts it up into pieces for his couplers. goto o'reilys or a CAT repair place and you can get a huge long roll of it for like 6.00.

diambo4life
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I too had problmes with dejon's blow through set up. The powder coat was of shit quality, but that was minor. I bought the pipe for its function, not its finish. The problem is, the hose dejon supplys with the're pipes is crap quality and always to short to work right. it took hours to get the damn thing to fit on with out blowing off. Then when I leak test it, I find that the intake manifold flange is leaking. Everything I could think of was tried on that steup. Silicone, 1g gasket, 1g gasket + the 2g gasket, and the damn flange is so thin that when you torque it down it actualy warps. After all that, I find that the actual weld its self is leaking where the pipe meets the intake manifold flange.

I took a huge hit selling them on the trader in "as is" conditon, and waned the person they were sold to that these pipes would have to be fixed up.

I agree with this. The flanges are horrible. I put mine on a bench vice! a few times to straighten them. That worked however, I found a good deal on an AGP T/B elbow and never looked back. The rest of the Dejon piping has worked flawlessly though.

RedTurboEclipse
11-21-2005, 10:11 PM
thicker flanges, longer silicone couplers, better finish in the powdercoating, and dont put that dejon sticker on by default..

that are some suggestions

Spoolin69
11-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Sorry to here of your problems.
First of all, you are right, you should not have to paint it yourself. To those that say you are just whining and to suck it up...you are wrong in my eyes.
Maybe Spoolin69 could have made the pipe himself, maybe not. The point is: he choose to purchase a pipe, do not bash him for not making the pipe himself :rolleyes: His job is irrelavent, espically since he is not a professional painter. Everyone should get what they pay for, period. What is the point of having a warrenty if the manufacturer will not honor the warrenty :confused:

It sounds like it purchased through SBR but was a direct shipment from Dejon. I could be wrong. In my opinion, SBR is in no way at fault. They did not treat Spoolin like crap, Dejon did. Is SBR stepping up to the plate to cover the product they sold, sure sounds like it to me. Should SBR have done this, damn straight they should, they sold the product. Good job Craig for taking care of the customer!

To all forum member, this is a great web site. Let's keep it that way. You can bash Dejon or praise Dejon. You can state your opinion on subjects all you want. Just don't bash the poster :mad:

Thank you, very well said.

knewblewkorvett
11-23-2005, 04:58 PM
you are welcome
and fuck you too :D

gvr4dsmer
11-26-2005, 11:01 PM
I bought a 3" intake pipe from dejon last feb. I did order it un-coated, but for some reason dejon cut the end of the pipe that mated to the turbo inlet ON a bend in the pipe. Using the supplied silicone coupler I was NEVER able to get the coupler to stay on the turbo. I bought a new coupler and welded an extention onto the intake pipe...
Not to bash, but that was the first and last thing I will buy from them. I had very bad fitment issues with there product.

kristmen
12-23-2005, 09:52 PM
I have a 2.5 inch Dejon Tool j-pipe on my Evo 16G turbo for my JRC backdoor style FMIC.

I couldn't be happer with the pipe.

Sometimes to note about the pipe though. The paint isn't paint. Its powder coating and they spray the shit on so thick, it runs well being baked. Powder coating can be a pain in the ass. Not all powder is the same quality, some of the cheaper shit runs if it's thickly coated etc. I had my first few pipes and valve covers run when I was learning to do it right.

Anyone who has ever used a powder coating gun knows it can be hard to keep the shit from getting inside pipes. You need to run a piece of sand paper or wire brush threw the pipes after coating them to clean out any over spray so it does not break off and get sucked into your engine.

I have to run a dowel with a piece of sand paper attached to the end on an air grinder threw the pipe to clean it out and then I had to resurface the flange before installing the pipe.

All in all I think the pipe looks good and it works great. Just needed some preinstall work.

dsms4ever
12-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Dejon tool definetely sucks BALLS. Not only did the paint and welds suck on my UICP with blowthrough, it wouldnt fit the first time they sent it to me becuase they made the pipe too long. So about 3 weeks later they sent me a new one. My freaking dad does better work with spray paint, an arc welder, and a generic grinder.

BarelyLegalGSX
12-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I am defintly not a fan.

I purchased their Intake manifold. it took them 3 times to get me the product that would fit. they designed the part to fit a 90 car. and the first product came poorly surfaced. scratched up to hell and all kinds of weld bumps etc. i never got a chance to fit it on the car, so i sent it back. they return a manfiold to me so i attemt to install it on the car. i had to drill out all the mounting bolts to hell and back and then i finally got it on the head and started to put the TB on, and the sensors do not clear. after a lot of ispection and viewing the photos off the net i determined that they had a 90 tb on their model, and this manifold would not work on my car. i send it back. they send me another one. again i have to drill out the mounting hole to hell and back. get it on, and the car sits. 3 months later, after dealing with other issues with the vehicle i start the car. only to detrime that the intake manifold DOES not seat to teh head. I leave messages, send e-mails to recieve no response.

I sold the part. It may be my fault for waiting so long, but i was led to no choice to wait. I just was dissapointed that the tb was jiged wrong as not to seat properly, and the flange that attached to thehead wouldnt seat as well. 500 dollar part down the drain. shoulda bought a magnus. live and learn. but i defintly will never even consider purchasing a part from dejon again!

Infinity
12-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Wow, and here I was about to dump sum cash in Dejon stock.

Street Surgeon
12-28-2005, 04:31 PM
A few years back I ordered the Dejon 2.5" UICP for my non abs 1G. The pipe came and I was immediately dissappointed. The finish of the "almost chrome" powdercoat was very runny in some spots, blotchy looking, the welds were crummy looking, the flanges were uber thin. I installed the part anyway (I already bought the thing so too bad for me) and it did perform well, however the powdercoat started to wear off in some areas. There was a lil' corrosion here and there.

Personally I'll never buy a Dejon part again, the quality of the part was terrible. Bang for the buck or not. By the way it's for sale if anyone needs one :D

oldman
12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
A few years back I ordered the Dejon 2.5" UICP for my non abs 1G. The pipe came and I was immediately dissappointed. The finish of the "almost chrome" powdercoat was very runny in some spots, blotchy looking, the welds were crummy looking, the flanges were uber thin. I installed the part anyway (I already bought the thing so too bad for me) and it did perform well, however the powdercoat started to wear off in some areas. There was a lil' corrosion here and there.

Personally I'll never buy a Dejon part again, the quality of the part was terrible. Bang for the buck or not. By the way it's for sale if anyone needs one :D
Couldn't have said it better and I only had mine for 3 months.

nukefission
12-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Three pages is enough, I think.