RRE lightened flywheel [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: RRE lightened flywheel

redgsturbo
10-05-2000, 11:01 PM
I have the ~14lbs flywheel from RRE in my car for 3000miles now. The price was $125 but it could have changed by now i dont really know. I will assume if you can get to the flywheel than you know how to install it. The torque is 98ftlbs.. thats right 98 (the dealership told me 55ftlbs when i called, i couldnt find my shop man). Some of the things i've noticed, quicker revs, noticably when you shift gears to a lower/higher gear where the clutch must speed up or slow then engine speed to match the tranny speed (it does this alot faster). You have to launch at a higher rpm than normal or it chatters real bad (i have a act2600 installed mind you), so dont go trying to take off at 1000rpm, try 2000 or more. great fit and finish and rre mails it to you and you return yours, so down time is decided my whether or not you have air tools :) and not you shipping method

btw, RRE has excellent support although they always are under a car when i call... hell it works out better that way cause i dont pay the longdistance charges..lol
------------------
J. Hunter Allred
http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net6/scrambles.gif
'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)

[This message has been edited by redgsturbo (edited October 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by redgsturbo (edited October 06, 2000).]

DSM Storm
10-08-2000, 01:34 PM
Ouch man, you mean to tell me that you have to launch the car at 2 grand for everyday driving?

redgsturbo
10-08-2000, 07:04 PM
if you let the rpm dip much below 1500 when engaging with the light flywheel and beefy clutch it doesnt like it very much..

------------------
J. Hunter Allred
http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net6/scrambles.gif
'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)