custom air intake [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: custom air intake

verserv
05-09-2001, 06:37 PM
Has anyone found a good way to make an air intake? I can not find descent pieces to make it a nice mandrel bend with no ridges. On an nt of course. I cant pay 100+ just for a peice of pipe

NTLaser
05-09-2001, 08:19 PM
The last post in this is my intake. http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14096
It only cost me $15 worth of PVC piping and i already had a K&N. Not mandrel bent but works great. Great mid range pickup with it. Great all around on nice nights. Water isnt even an issue either unless you drive into a puddle that would put the front bumper under water. I drove around all night in the other day to see if it would hurt it any. No stalling or sputtering at ALL. Theres really no way water could get up in there since it sits 4"s from the lowest point on the body of the car and in front of the wheel too. Nothing to sling water up there. Great mod for cheap.
Scott

TALONLVR
05-14-2001, 01:48 PM
One quick easy way to keep your stock equipment but suck in more cold air is to cut a big hole into your air resonator box that your air horn connects to. On the passenger side of the car look behind the fog lights if you have them. Either way there is a air chanelling dam that hits this air resonator box. All you do is open the box so the air can get rammed into your system.