ATL [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: ATL

turbo=good
05-13-2001, 01:23 AM
Union City is now a popular race spot just so you know.

gsxgirl
05-14-2001, 08:52 AM
Where in Union City? Barrett is impossible to go to anymore (Im sure you know that) and Sports Authority is all show and not much go. Moreland is dead as far as Ive heard too.

turbo=good
05-14-2001, 12:59 PM
If you're going south on 85, take the Union City exit, turn left. You will come up to Legacy Toyota. At that stoplight, turn right and go down that road for a while. I can't think of the street names off the top of my head but you go over some railroad tracks and end up in a industrial area. On Saturday, we saw an ugly 5.0 and a really ugly 70s Camaro race. They looked like 12 second cars. Its was hilarious watching them talk shit about eachothers car.

gsxgirl
05-18-2001, 08:13 AM
Im not sure if you know yet but theres going to be a SE DSM meet on June 2nd @ Dave & Busters in Marietta around noon. It looks like theres going to be quite a turn out. Here's a link if you want some more details
http://se.dsm.org/seubb/Forum5/HTML/000725.html

BrianM
05-18-2001, 11:18 PM
Are the two of you planning on going to D&B on the 2nd?Ill be there and just kinda trying to figure out who is going to be there.The only way Ill know yall is by your cars.

turbo=good
05-19-2001, 04:06 PM
oooh. sounds fun. I'll be there for sure if I find out where exactly. I'll be the one in the eclipse:.) Do they mind some nonmembers?

turbo=good
05-19-2001, 04:12 PM
oh yeah, by the way tonight in union city, there should be some racing(if it doesn't rain) remember, there is only like a bakers dozen of people up there so don't expect a crowd if you come up there.

Yesterday(fri) we had some some racing(videos) of our own since no one was up there. 2G/1G/LT1/LS1/taurus;>/

I sad to say besides the taurus, I was the slowest;.(

BrianM
05-19-2001, 04:51 PM
Naw man,everyone is wellcome to show at Dave & Busters.Just check out se.dsm for some directions.....If yall were have some sore of get together over at Union I would show or any place for that matter.But it alittle to far to drive unless I was racing for $$$ ....150 miles and that would be one hell of a tow bill....lol anyway hope to see yall soon.

turbo=good
05-19-2001, 11:13 PM
I think the union city place has to get a little more popular. It would suck to drive all the way there to see a few cars there. About racing for $$$, those 5.0 guys up there really like it. They NEVER race for "fun".

91laserT will prolly be joining the D&B action too.

BrianM
05-29-2001, 10:46 PM
Turbo you still planning on coming to D&B this weekend?And what about you gsxgirl,I saw on se.dsm board where you wasnt going to make it,have you changed your mind about coming?The more the better.Im supose to meet some ppl at the Adairsville exit at 1100am Sat. and we are riding down together.Hope yall can make it,Ill be there for sure.

turbo=good
06-04-2001, 12:07 PM
that was a good time on Saturday. Brian, remember when I said I got about 10 people interested and about 5 peole for sure coming to Union city? Not one dsm showed up! It was a good turn out at union city also(5.0, couple camaros, 2 type Rs, supercharged GSR, couple more hondas, Me, my friends Laser, and a about 5-6 bikes. It was pretty cool. no cops. But one of the integras broke his differential:.(

BrianM
06-04-2001, 10:57 PM
I usually get a chance to come to ATL about once a month.If I see that Im coming that way Ill give you a holler and we can make a run up there.I hope to have my 20g back and on by the end of the week.Then Ill be ready to play......Had a great time Sat. also hope to see ya soon.