clutch goes to floor no leaks thou??? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: clutch goes to floor no leaks thou???

Budwsr
03-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey all I'm kinda dumb when it comes to transmissions but I put the clutch in to start the car and it stays to the floor.look under the car since it's Hydrolic gotta be a leak right? nothing.............. :confused: lotsa play on the clutch fork but it still goes to the floor any ideas what this could be? was driving fine the other day, heard some vibrating at around 6k rpms been like that since the engine swap only have like 100 mile son it so it sits :(

eviltalon91
03-01-2006, 05:55 PM
maybe you broke the clutch fork????

Silver Surfer
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
happend to my prelude...i was like wtf
the master and slave clutch cylinder had to be replaced, both were bad

even if both are not bad it's still a good idea to do them both if you can afford it.

benztalontsi
03-01-2006, 10:03 PM
i recently had the same problem, i bled the clutch and now its fine but if it feels like its going to do it again im replacing the slave cylinder

terror rising
03-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Pull the boot on your slave cylinder, it will most likely be filled with fluid. Also, check under the dash for fluid on or around your master cylinder adjustment rod.

Stormbird
03-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Yup, sounds like the slave. When my master went it just leaked all over so I don't think that's it. If you have the time might as well do both though.

DeadLast
03-02-2006, 10:28 AM
yea my step dad had the same problem with his jeep. It was the fork. Change that and the cylinder just incase.

Budwsr
03-03-2006, 07:04 AM
what about the noise around 6k rpms?
also how hard would it be if it's the clutch fork gotta drop the tranny?
:mad:

quazz209
03-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Yes, the tranny would need to be dropped to replace the clutch fork. It can be done in a saturday if youve never done one before. Not hard just a little time consuming.

terror rising
03-03-2006, 09:15 AM
You still don't know if it is definitely your clutch fork. Check the easy things (master and slave) first and then drop your tranny. Being that your engine is only 100 miles old that vibration at 6k rpm could be anything. Let us know with any updates.

veloz
03-03-2006, 09:48 AM
have you tried adjusting your clutch pedal for diffrent engagement?

Budwsr
03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
the tranny is from the original engine, (guy melted valves into the tops of the pistons) got a JDM engine but replaced the clutch and flywheel ( was in there anyways might as well) I'll check the eay things first supposed ot be nice this weekend so I'll fidget with it. and keep ya'll posted.

Budwsr
03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
*Update* so I rebleed the clutch, seems like problem solved. but my question is how did I get air in the line? it still seems like its soft when it gets to the floor but when it first engages it's really springy :confused:

but it works so....who knows....Cars! man do I hate em :mad:

dreaminskyline
03-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Pedal assembly...Maybe the bleeder nipple was loose and it was sucking in some air and upon tightening it the air stoped aflowin!!!

DeadLast
03-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Pedal assembly...Maybe the bleeder nipple was loose and it was sucking in some air and upon tightening it the air stoped aflowin!!!

That sounds like it could be.

K_Mans_TSI
03-09-2006, 10:04 AM
i would change the master and the slave at that point anyway

DiamondStarGS-t
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
didnt read the replies, clutch fork broke. Take off that black boot. 20 bucks says you can pull it out. If im wrong. Master cyl leaking. If you do have to replace the clutch fork took me 7 hours to do mine by myself for the first time, thats with lunch lol

K_Mans_TSI
03-13-2006, 10:35 AM
didnt read the replies,

obviously, he already said it's working it's just acting like there's air in it. oops there goes your broked theory. read before you post or you're just wasting bandwidth

DiamondStarGS-t
03-13-2006, 11:02 AM
obviously, he already said it's working it's just acting like there's air in it. oops there goes your broked theory. read before you post or you're just wasting bandwidth

Yea such a bad no-no since I bet there just coming so close to maxing out there bandwith.

K_Mans_TSI
03-13-2006, 11:07 AM
no it was more the "this is your problem i'm not bothering to read" bullshit you posted

manticore33
03-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey all I'm kinda dumb when it comes to transmissions but I put the clutch in to start the car and it stays to the floor.look under the car since it's Hydrolic gotta be a leak right? ....

The clutch master cylinder will leak on the inside of the car, so check your driver's side floor board if you think it is leaking. A master cylinder rebuild kit is $30 from a Mitsubishi dealer. I rebuilt my 2g's master cylinder over 26k miles ago and have not had it leak since.

quazz209
03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
A brand new one is $75ish from JNZ if that offers you a little more piece of mind.