Clutch engagement [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Clutch engagement

cdstalon
04-19-2006, 11:18 AM
I've got an ACT 2600 on my 96 Talon and just recently had to get the slave cylinder replaced. I'm at college or else I probably would have done the work myself and replaced both the master and the slave, but I took it into a shop and they just replaced the slave... when I got the car back the clutch is engaging almost right off the floor (I am familiar with adjusting it, although if anyone knows which way to turn/twist the rod to make it engage higher off the floor, that would be appreciated too). The main thing I'm concerned about is that up until the point where hte clutch starts engaging, there is little to no pedal pressure. Then, upon disengaging, it tends to stick for a second (at the same point where the pressure begins upon pressing the clutch) before releasing upwards. Any thoughts?

shekky
04-19-2006, 12:55 PM
It is like a regular bolt, just turn it so it comes out of the pedal assembly more.

Ultimatedsm
04-19-2006, 01:07 PM
If the pedal feels spongy, I believe the shop didn't bleed the system properly. It looks like you have air in the system.

TALONLVR
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Also you may need to lengthen the pusher rod on the slave 1/8 or more. I know I did in order to get more out of her. You can buy longer ones or make it longer yourself by cutting adding and welding.

cdstalon
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
It doesn't feel spongy per se, there just is almost no pressure until the clutch starts engaging... although the thought did cross my mind that it wasn't bled properly. Also, does just turning the nut change the engagement point? I thought you had to loosen the nut and then turn the rod, and then tighten the nut back. Maybe I am wrong....

shekky
04-19-2006, 02:09 PM
You are correct about the adjustment. Just back out the rod a bit, but make sure there is a tiny bit of pedal travel from the resting position. The 2G has a check valve yadda yadda...

I did my master and slave yesterday. I have an ACT 2600. If not bled properly I got poor pedal travel and it felt softer. Go and bleed it again if you want. You just crack The nut a bit, have someone push the pedal down and close the thing before they hit bottom...repeat until satisfied.

4G63tal
04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
can anyone get a pic of how to adjust the clutch on a 1g i tried to on my car but the nut that i think u are talking about is welded or something onto a little bracket so i cant turn it. any help would be appreciated, thanks

kelvinb
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
if there is only one nut (the welded one) the other nut that actually tightens to that nut is gone. it should be on the adjustment rod. when you adjust the rod towards the engine it should engage farther off the floor. if you adjust it towards you it will engage off the floor, or just grind. when i put my clutch in, i welded another nut on there for more adjustment. its a pain to do (dropping the steering wheel) but i was able to use my clutch like its suppose to be used.

4G63tal
05-03-2006, 07:07 AM
i thought that if u adjust the nut thats above the gas pedal because thats were it is on 1g toward u than it will turn the rod out more and the clutch will engage farther off the floor...am i right??? i need to no pretty soon because my clutch keeps grinding.. the clutch wont fully disingage.

TALONLVR
05-03-2006, 08:39 AM
yUP