clutch engagement problems [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: clutch engagement problems

race my talon
04-25-2006, 07:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone had some ideas as to what may be causing my problem. There are no fluid leaks, replaced stock clutch line with a steel braided one, act 2600 clutch, newer slave cylinder, newer master cylinder, clutch has been bled 3 times. The clutch engages so far off the floor, basically at the top of the clutch pedal stroke. no matter how i adjust the clutch rod it stays the same and the clutch feels very mushy. so i am wondering if it has to do with clutch fork etc... anyone with some insights or have had this problem before... i need advice. Thanks

DRW
04-25-2006, 12:32 PM
There might still be air in the line, or one of the bolts that holds the tranny to the block is missing or broken.

It's kinda wierd that your clutch engages high up off the floor, usually it will engage too low.

race my talon
04-25-2006, 09:48 PM
yes its very wierd. never has done this before its usually low to the floor

DRW
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Is the clutch fork fully seated on the pivot ball? If it were caught on the edge it would make the clutch release too high. You don't happen to have an extended clutch rod, do you?

race my talon
04-26-2006, 08:25 AM
nope.. stock rod