Albany, NY DSM Meet [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Albany, NY DSM Meet

kromwell
06-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey everyone... I'm just throwing this out there to guage what type of response I'll get, but I'm trying to help throw together an Albany DSM meet. If you see this thread, tell your friends and have them post a reply maybe giving some ideas as to where might be a good spot, and when might be a good time.

Here is the info we need to put together throughout this thread:

Where:
When:
What: Albany DSM Meet / Cruz'n
Food: BBQ
How much:
etc...

If we get enough turnout, I'll whip out the High Def. camcorder and make a DVD out of the whole thing, which would be pretty awesome! So maybe $20 a person would cover food, possibly a Tshirt and a DVD once it's completed?? Or if it's just food... maybe $5 a head?

I'm just throwing ideas out here, but when I was looking at Supras, they do this type of thing all the time. We might as well throw a big ass DSM thing together and make it awesome. Maybe cruz up through the Adirandacks or something.

Anyway... input would be awesome!!!

kromwell
06-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Maybe we could even cruz up to Synapse Motorsport and get Morgan to have somewhat of a Dyno day for the FWD DSMers?

kromwell
06-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Ok, a suggestion came out to have this meet after the Albany DSM Track day... Here's the info. Also, this will make the opportunity for video much better!

When: Friday July 28th
Time: 10am (subject to change, will give ample heads up if such happens)
Place: Lebanon Valley Dragway

Tech opens at 9am and runs until 1pm. Make sure you have no fluid leaking and your battery is tied down! Cars running 9.99 or faster must follow NHRA track rules. (Visit www.dragway.com (http://www.dragway.com) for rules)

Race fuel will be provided there.

$20 deposit is due by July 1st. Another $50 due on or before the day of event. We will have the whole track to ourselves! Up to 60 cars can sign up and such will allow each person to get in around 15 runs. Individual with multiple cars are $70/car ($20/car deposit + $50/car that day). Family & friends get free admission.

Participants must list their name, forum ID, and vehicle in this thread!!

Deposit can be paypal'd to vicioussexyny@hotmail.com or you can send check/money order to Kristina Kropat PO Box 428 Kauneonga Lake NY 12749.
PLEASE-include your name, car, and forum ID with the check/money order or paypal transfer. DEPOSIT IS DUE BY JULY 1ST!!!!

This gives everyone plenty of time to take off of work..I don't want to hear any of that Razz

AlbanyDSM members and DSM owners get a spot before those with other cars. If there are open spots left, we'll sign you up.

Media coverage will be there..so make sure your car looks pretty Smile

Direct any further questions to this thread or vandalgal19@yahoo.com

Or go to www.albanydsm.org (http://www.albanydsm.org) for more info.

kromwell
06-08-2006, 11:44 PM
anyone?

ProjectSoloGear
06-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Yo, I'm definetly down. what happened to all the Upstate NY DSM'ers???

tonymitss5
06-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I will actually be in Old Forge for the last week of July. Maybe I might pop down, its up to the gf though :rolleyes:

kromwell
06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, if we don't get enough people for the track day.. I'm sure we'll still get the BBQ and Cruise together! Maybe she'll be down with that... I know my wife isn't really into the track... lol

verserv
06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Back from the dead Albany

I sold my 4th DSM two months ago. but maybe I will make an apearance.

mrpeanut
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
You could definately get a few of us from Rochester out there. Unfortunatly I don't think many check these boards, but if you head over to here (http://www.rochesterdsm.org) you could probably get a better response. You may even be able to get some people from Buffalo and WNY by posting here. (http://www.wnydsm.org)

For me to go I'd want to get the TSi on the road first, because the RS isn't as much fun :(

ProjectSoloGear
06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Back from the dead Albany

I sold my 4th DSM two months ago. but maybe I will make an apearance.

Hey man, long time no see my friend. I know you went B'Mer but I know you're still DSM at heart! Too bad we don't have our old AlbanyDSM crowd anymore, let's try to bring that back again!

~Gus