ATR 3" exhuast [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: ATR 3" exhuast

darkstarGSX
06-04-2001, 11:44 AM
I purchased the 3" ATR exhaust for my AWD eclipse a little over a month ago. I made the purchase through dsm-performance.com. The cost of the exhaust is only $479.00 but shipping can be expensive. I completed the install in a little over an hour. The exhuast is deep but easy to "baffle". Horsepower gain can be felt through mid-high range. The spool of the turbo is louder as well. My only other mod at this time is a K&N aircharger.

DSMRSTPOS
06-09-2001, 10:54 PM
I also bought a 3" ATR catback from DSM-Performance.com. At that time i also purchased a 2.5" DP and testpipe. i must say the fabrication of the parts looks excellent, however i was completley unaware that the exhaust was an ATR when i bought it. i thought it would be a custom job from DSM performance from the way they describe it on the website. The price was not too bad and i cant wait to install it to see how it affects performance and sounds. Right now i dont see how the 3" piping will clear the rear axle..its supposed to go over it (FWD) and its gauranteed to fit but it just doesnt look like it will. the angle is way less than the stock exhaust. We will see soon and i will let everyone know.

darkstarGSX
06-10-2001, 11:54 AM
I assumed the same thing when I was reading the description. Almost everything on their site is fabricated by them, and without them giving the name of the exhaust I figured it was theirs as well.

A.D.
06-10-2001, 05:32 PM
I got my ATR "3 downpipe and catback from DSM-Performance about 3 months ago. It fits perfect and goes right over the axle, trust me! Here is the link for my original review. There are links to pics of my installation in the post too.

http://66.70.152.91/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9725

DSMRSTPOS
07-11-2001, 03:54 PM
ok i finally got my 3" ATR catback and 2.5" DP and TP installed last weekend and am going to be heading to the track in about an hour. the parts fit good but its not something i would have wanted to do in my driveway on my back. the fit was tight and i had to cut about 3 inches off the catback so it would mate up with the 2.5-3" coupler that bolts to the testpipe. other than that everything is good. it sounds nice and deep and the power gain is incredible. i had a horrible boost creep problem though..used to peak at 12 (no boost controller) and after the exhaust i actually hit 18 psi before i let off. it would have probably gone higher than that but i have a stock fuel pump and 18 was too high already. so i made a boost controller and it still creeps a little but not over 16psi so thats good enough for a temporary fix. oh yeah i had to buy gaskets and bolts because none were included, kinda cheap if you ask me, it wouldnt cost too much to include those parts as a "convienence" to the customer.

DSMRSTPOS
07-13-2001, 09:26 PM
ok well my trip to the track was pretty good but could have been better...my best runs were a 14.5@97, and a 14.4@95. my clutch is slipping bad and i overheated the clutch and couldnt launch the car well at all...on the 14.4 i had a 2.2 60' but other than that i was in the 2.4-2.6 range all night. i know i could have had a 14.1 or maybe even a 13.9 if my driving improved a lot. well anyway a 14.4 is still a whole half second better than before, with only adding the exhaust and a homemade boost controller set to about 14-15 lbs. all in all not to bad..anyone have any idea how much HP it takes to shave .5 seconds off and add about 3 mph in the traps?