Del City [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Del City

nukefission
10-19-2006, 05:39 AM
No, not the computer manufacturer.

In the event anyone is looking for OEM-quality wire loom or anchored zip-ties, check out www.delcity.net. I was stripping the alternator wires out of the main harness of my 1G, and I needed to detach the harness from the car and cut open the zip ties in order to do it. The harness is attached to the car via zip ties which have a barbed anchor at the head. The anchor snaps into 1/4" holes that have been drilled into the chassis at the factory. There is no way to remove and undo the zip ties without destroying them.

I was not able to get the ties from JNZ Tuning, my primary source of OEM parts. I was pointed towards Del City and found that these (http://delcity.net/delcity/servlet/catalog?parentid=133&page=1) ties fit my application perfectly. Plus they were only $6 for 100 of them! The rub was that they have a minimum order requirement of $25, so I got some wire loom as well that is exactly like OEM. The smallest amount I could get, though, was still quite a lot, so I now have more loom than I'll ever need.

Ordering and shipping was prompt. Customer service was pretty good too, as they even called me to find out if I was satisfied with the order and if I needed anything else.

My only regret is that I got the white ties instead of the black. Black would have looked better in the engine bay.