Running Dual BOV's? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Running Dual BOV's?

WanganRunnerTSI
12-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I have a question, anyone running twin BOV's i've seen this done of various setups. But I have two 1g bov's and if I vented one to the atomosphere and recirculated one back into the intake, wouldn't this solve the whole problem with venting your bov? I just saw a guy who was running twin bov's and was wondering if there is any advantage to running two bov's as opposed to one.

the_skin_eater
12-09-2006, 11:52 AM
No, it wouldnt....

Why not just split the out pipe on one to two passages. So that way you divert some, blow some off.... Audis have to use these. They do both in one.

But I wouldnt do it. If there is much of any air left to get to the second BOV, it wont be too noticeable Im thinkin....

I could make you something that goes into the BOV though to do both. Real simple.

maui6651
12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
First, unless you're pushing an insane amount of air, you don't need 2 BOVs.

Second, no, recirculating one and not the other will not let you vent. You would still be releasing metered air to the atmosphere. Any time you do that, you'll run into troubles.

90_talon_matt
12-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Either way you're going to be expelling air that has already been metered by the MAS. You're going to run rich between shifts. If you want to vent that badly at least do it the right way. :rolleyes:

WanganRunnerTSI
12-09-2006, 02:04 PM
^ yeah I plan on venting the right way, but I was just curious, it could save people money if it was able to be done. Although right now venting my BOV isn't on the top of my priority list, just wanted some insight and help smartass!

QuasiMondo
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
You're still going to be pissing air, even if you run one openly vented and one that recirculates back to the intake pipe. It won't solve the problem. The only way to do this properly is either with a blow-thru setup involving a GM 3" MAF or with a speed-density setup that eliminates the use of a MAS and uses a MAP sensor instead.