AWD auto with ratchet shifter [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: AWD auto with ratchet shifter

xtremedrag
02-12-2007, 12:53 AM
has anyone used a ratchet shifter on a AWD DSM?
we did it and it works so though i would share
see my other thread for pics http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171999

also the tranny was built by ATF using this drum and piston shown on this page at the bottom http://atfspeed.com/products.html
they also make a manual valve body for the tranny
check out the shop tour they have some cool toys :) all the parts are made in house and all the "weak links" in my tranny have been replaced.. ill keep you guys updated if she holds together

scapaldo
02-12-2007, 07:19 AM
haha. nice. I wanted to try something like that but wasnt sure if it would work or not. Keep us updated when you get some street time with it.

Kiggly racing makes what looks like the exact same part as that front clutch, just alot cheaper.

kiggly
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I've been using that exact same ratchet shifter in my car for a few years now. You'll love it.

My front clutch is not the same piece as ATF's. They both replace the same part, but were manufactured and designed completely independently. I was honestly very surprised somebody else dove into making this part when I learned about it.

My website is in process of an overhaul. My front clutch kit is now going to utilize 6 frictions instead of 5. Also the best ET/mph on my kit is now 9.01/163mph by Camo Racing.

Kevin

scapaldo
02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I dont see how there is a need to have 2 people making this part seeing as theres only going to be a handful of people using it.

I dont see anything about the Manual Valve Body on the site, got any more info? While you're at it, make a t-brake/:D

dmc0162
02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
a manual valve body for dsm transmissions?

QWKLIL4
02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
My front clutch kit is now going to utilize 6 frictions instead of 5. Also the best ET/mph on my kit is now 9.01/163mph by Camo Racing.

Kevin

Your kit isn't DSM specific? Or was it modified to go into a Chevy trans? TH400?

scapaldo
02-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Kiggly's kit is DSM Specific. Its a entirely new front clutch drum and piston assembly. It installs with the only modification bieng a small amount of clearancing on the front pump housing. Camo Racing ran a FWD Mirage at 9.0 for a full season using 5 frictions without a front clutch failure. The kit now comes with 6 frictions.