Manual Valve Body W4A33 [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Manual Valve Body W4A33

xtremedrag
04-29-2007, 08:13 PM
I am having a manual valve body made for a 1stGEN AWD Auto W4A33

It will work for the 1-3rd and will include a trans break

If more people are interested he will work in OD but for simplicities sake we have decided to only do 1-3 for now

It is being made at ATF www.atfspeed.com

Just gauging if there is anybody else interested in one. So far 2 other local guys are going in on it with me including Gary Marsh

flip888
05-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Im definently interested. about how much would one of these coste?

newtalonguy
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
how much r and d is goin into this? how much would it cost? how would it be operated? and how much to try to work od in

sleeperzzzz
05-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I am in on this one. How much and can they build one for a w4a32?

yellowrs
05-15-2007, 02:26 PM
we would be interested in 3 of them, now will OD still be on a solenoid if he olny does 1-3. Also is there any way he could change the final drive to strech these gears out a little?

3xrace
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
When my tranny finally gives up the ghost this is definitely the route I want to go. Could be a while.

Quarthead
05-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Did somebody say Trans-Brake? Of course Iím interestedÖ :D

newtalonguy
05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
well since the OP hasn't posted again, I called the company they said once they complete the OP's they will start to sell them to the public and his trans is thier now for R&D. I talked with the guy and he seems like one of the few out thier that does good trans work (at least sounded like it) so i'm excited about someone actually taking on the task we'll see if it happens <---- crosses fingers

xtremedrag
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
well since the OP hasn't posted again, I called the company they said once they complete the OP's they will start to sell them to the public and his trans is thier now for R&D. I talked with the guy and he seems like one of the few out thier that does good trans work (at least sounded like it) so i'm excited about someone actually taking on the task we'll see if it happens <---- crosses fingers

Sorry guys but i followed this thread for a few days and saw no activity so i stoped looking but ill stay on top of it now... I think you talked to Jason the owner.. he is awesome... my tranny should be using the manual valve body this month ... I will see on monday how far Jason has come along and post here

xtremedrag
06-03-2007, 10:31 AM
we would be interested in 3 of them, now will OD still be on a solenoid if he olny does 1-3. Also is there any way he could change the final drive to strech these gears out a little?

Good question i will ask..

xtremedrag
06-03-2007, 10:35 AM
how much r and d is goin into this? how much would it cost? how would it be operated? and how much to try to work od in

well it will be tested on my car first and another local car..Jason has done this for other trannys in the past so it is not new to him... we are shooting for less then 500bux and you would have to use a ratchet shifter

thinking about having it in a kit with the ratchet shifter and instructions and the gear selector bracket for the shifter linkage.. idk we will see

Quarthead
06-04-2007, 08:13 AM
well it will be tested on my car first and another local car...

I hope our transmissions/cars can handle the abuse of a trans brake. The brake will give us a huge advantage during stoplight showdowns... :cool:

Hey, it may even be good for track use as well ;)

scapaldo
06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
If its under 500 for the whole valvebody I would be in. A complete setup with shifter would be nice though. Tell him to watch it on the markup, us dsm'ers are cheap pricks. :D

xtremedrag
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
If its under 500 for the whole valvebody I would be in. A complete setup with shifter would be nice though. Tell him to watch it on the markup, us dsm'ers are cheap pricks. :D

Im tring to bring some to the shootout with me... we will see

criitter7
06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
anything new with this?

GDNF2ET
07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Would the tranny still shift itself if put in OD ?

chrish1440
09-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I am having a manual valve body made for a 1stGEN AWD Auto W4A33

It will work for the 1-3rd and will include a trans break

If more people are interested he will work in OD but for simplicities sake we have decided to only do 1-3 for now

It is being made at ATF www.atfspeed.com

Just gauging if there is anybody else interested in one. So far 2 other local guys are going in on it with me including Gary Marsh

Any updates?

chrish1440
09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Since the original poster isn't updating this anymore, I thought i'd give ATF a call and check out there progress. Let me say first that the gentelmen that work there are very proffesional. I may have just caught them at a good time, but there was literaly no wait time during the call and I got all of my questions answered. First, the prototype manual valve body is about %50 percent completed. We shouldn't expect one to be tested until about another six months. Second, there will be no overdrive option, as this is geared toward drag applications. You will only have the 3 forward gears, neutral, and reverse. Third, this valve body will also work on 2G trannys. Fourth, and my favorite, this WILL include a transbrake. How you activated it is up to you. This packaqe will not include anytype of ratchet shifter, but Eric (the guy that building this) said it shouln't be that difficult to adapt one on our own. And last, the price at this time is estimated to be in the $675-$700 range. Well worth it to me. Just the thought of launching off the transbrake makes me want one now.

If you are seriously interested in this manual valve body, please email ATF and let them know. I'm sure if they get enough SERIOUS inquiries, they will step up production a notch. I'm ready to commit, and am will to be the test dummy for this modification. I have a fully built 2G IPT trans that ready to go. I'm just going to have to wait on there word.

4 Bang Her
12-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Nice, someone's finally going to R&D this and for $500 it would be well worth it.

With some of the other tranny mods coming out this summer should be a wild one for the Autos.

chrish1440
12-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Nice, someone's finally going to R&D this and for $500 it would be well worth it.

With some of the other tranny mods coming out this summer should be a wild one for the Autos.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the company above stopped R&D on the dsm transbrake. They said there was not enough interest.:(

4 Bang Her
12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
I should've known. :o

We'll need all the fastest Auto's to get on board for someone to pull this off, get exposure and recoup.

scapaldo
12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I've personally changed my mind on this. I don't see a reason for either a transbrake or a manual valve body. The transbrake will just break driveline parts and its easy enough to shift via a ratchet shifter with the stock VB.

jimib
12-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah the trans brake would be nice, but break alot of parts. So did the give up on the entire manual valve body?

azboostin
01-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Well that sucks I was in for sure...

xtremedrag
03-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry I don’t come on here offer but we are a week or 2 away from putting the manual valve body in the car and I’m pretty excited

My car is 3100 lbs race weight and on boost alone the tranny seemed to hold up fine pushing about 650WHP hp through the auto ... as soon as spray came into the picture the tranny would let go in 3rd gear every time.. I think it was just a limit of the weight and the HP.... Jason at ATF showed me a couple of flaws in the stock valve body but since I know little about tannys I don’t know what they were. If my car was 800 lbs lighter I don’t think I would be having these problems.
Anyway I think it’s a great idea. Jason at ATF says that the tranny is stout, It has some beffy ass parts stock it just needs some of the weak points addressed.
I will keep you guys in the loop as much as possible and post pics of the valve body shortly

almostquick
03-02-2008, 07:03 PM
very cool. Thanks for the update xtreme. Cant wait to see the finished product and how it does in testing.

chrish1440
03-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry I donít come on here offer but we are a week or 2 away from putting the manual valve body in the car and Iím pretty excited

My car is 3100 lbs race weight and on boost alone the tranny seemed to hold up fine pushing about 650WHP hp through the auto ... as soon as spray came into the picture the tranny would let go in 3rd gear every time.. I think it was just a limit of the weight and the HP.... Jason at ATF showed me a couple of flaws in the stock valve body but since I know little about tannys I donít know what they were. If my car was 800 lbs lighter I donít think I would be having these problems.
Anyway I think itís a great idea. Jason at ATF says that the tranny is stout, It has some beffy ass parts stock it just needs some of the weak points addressed.
I will keep you guys in the loop as much as possible and post pics of the valve body shortly

Grat job. I cant wait to see you launch that thing on the transbrake!:cool:

240addiction
04-05-2008, 08:49 AM
any updates? I spoke with a tranny builder locally and he claimed that level 10 was a making a full manual setup for our autos the cost is about 800 and is a pull type ratchet shifter. I am sick of the push button setup I need something better.

chrish1440
04-05-2008, 10:28 AM
any updates? I spoke with a tranny builder locally and he claimed that level 10 was a making a full manual setup for our autos the cost is about 800 and is a pull type ratchet shifter. I am sick of the push button setup I need something better.

The test car is running. There just finishing up fabbing the exhaust, and then it should be ready to go :cool:

240addiction
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
cant wait!!!

dmc0162
04-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh man this would be the tits.

Transbrake + Ratchet shifter + reverse manual valve body = ME VERY HAPPY TO BE ALIVE.

almostquick
07-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Any word on the trans brake?

JVStylez
07-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Sooo, whats the status on this?

xtremedrag
07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
The car will be at the shootout :)

JVStylez
07-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Vids?

chrish1440
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM

How does the tranbrake work? Does the car even run yet:confused:

elementalwindx
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
subscribed for slight interest.

rebiuld101
08-10-2008, 12:02 AM
i was wondering if there is any vids for those of us who will not be able to come to the shootout very interested for my car

GDNF2ET
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM

How did the car do ?

Blindsey
08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I really hope this all pans out. I am in the middle of rebuilding my Auto right now with IPT internals this would be a wonderful addition.

almostquick
08-18-2008, 10:39 PM
There's quite a few of us that seem to be waiting on this product, hoping that it turns out to be the bee's knee's.

SlipperyPickle
08-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Did anyone get video of this setup in action at the Shootout?

HighPSI TSi Guy
08-19-2008, 03:48 AM
Did anyone get video of this setup in action at the Shootout?

I might have gotten video of it being pushed off the line back into the pits if that's what you mean.

Dunno what went wrong, but it never made it out the hole. Car looked great at the show though.

rebiuld101
08-19-2008, 07:52 AM
wow i wonder what happened they said that they drve the car and yet when they go to the track it doesnt make a pass all we are looking for is a video of how it works and the at least moving

sillycon
08-27-2008, 09:13 AM
The issue was that the car had a few changes made to it right before leaving for the shootout...which (unfortunately) didn't leave adequate testing time.

Long story short, the tune was WAY off causing the car to spike ultra rich at launch - stalling the engine. :(

rebiuld101
08-27-2008, 11:36 AM
ok well was there any video or not and if not then is there any pics of the valvebody and how it is different from a normal one and do we have a close to sure price on what it will cost