Stan's A/T Mod [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Stan's A/T Mod

dmc0162
10-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I am about to do Stan's AT (timing pull fix) mod on my 96 GSX and have a question...

I was reading this link:

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48&highlight=timing+pulled

And I was wondering, do you really feel any difference in the shifts after doing this mod? Also, read the second post in the thread. I have the black spring in my shift kit. Will I go into limp mode for shift control solenoid malfunction like it said, or is that BS? Thanks

midnightride
10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont think you will get a lot of feedback on here. I posted on here a while back asking about Stans Mod. I actually signed up on Yahoo groups thing to talk to him directly.

I have yet to do the mod. I still want to when I get the car up and running. From my research I was told and have read that the shift are firm. If you run dsmlink it actaully eliminates the timing pull. So It can't be that bad. It will deff. put more stress on your tranny though. When you complete it, post a result. I'd love it if you take a camara and take a vidio clip of it before and after you do the mod. I read its suppose to give you a bit of tire chirp in your autos with the right amount of boost. :)

Keep us posted if you dont mind.

ps: I dont have a shift kit in there yet so yours might really be shifting hard.

dmc0162
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, I plan on doing this mod when I get home from school today... I have to run to radioshack to pick up a toggle switch and a project enclosure. I plan on making an enclosure to put in my center console to house my trans. temp. gauge and timing pull switch.

So, yes, sure I will make a video of before and after...I will do a few hard pulls through some gears and show the shifts, and do the same after I do it. If the tires really do chirp, then holy hell I can't wait, but I think that is just on FWD cars.

Be on the lookout tonight for some videos/pics/review of install.

lilsizfly
10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
my tires did big chirps into 2nd on my 16g without that mod. but I do have shift kit

rich3389
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
my tires just spin threw 1st, 2nd, and part of third, i have a shift kit to :D

midnightride
10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
lilsizfly,rich3389, you two are not running this mod are you? Are you two FWD or AWD?

What I mentioned above was information I had gathered when I was looking into doing Stand mod. I might still do it. Just depends.

A nice vidio of before and after will be nice.

91Bluebird
10-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Tire chirp? My car always chirped the tires on the 1-2 shift when shifting at 5000+ rpms and that was bone stock with 13g.

dmc0162
10-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Yes... because you guys are all FWD lol

91Bluebird
10-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Yes... because you guys are all FWD lol

N/T fwd's don't and it's not because they have less power but rather that's how it's set from the factory -- simply put there's no need for aggressive shifting on grocery getters.

vito9961
10-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm interested to see how this works out. No one else on here has done this?

dmc0162
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Alright guys, the verdict!

I just snipped the wire in half, haha. I was too lazy to wire in a switch. Well, at low throttle/rpm, there is certainly no difference. But my oh my, I feel the shifts much harder at WOT. It literally PUSHES you into the next gear, very much worth the 1 second it took to cut a wire in half.

DSMscreamer
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Nothing like ultra firm shifts in the auto. My car really barks the tires hard on the 1-2 shift. I don't have this mod however, I just modified the trans to give me full line pressure. A manual ECU solved the timing retard on shifts.

twack
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
A manual ECU solved the timing retard on shifts.
Is this true, its not in the TCU?

midnightride
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Alright guys, the verdict!

I just snipped the wire in half, haha. I was too lazy to wire in a switch. Well, at low throttle/rpm, there is certainly no difference. But my oh my, I feel the shifts much harder at WOT. It literally PUSHES you into the next gear, very much worth the 1 second it took to cut a wire in half.

so still no vidio of the before or after? You going to wire in the switch? so you revert back to stock while not going WOT? If so please take a vidio of before and after. I'm really curious.

You didn't throw any codes like what was mentioned in the thread that you posted?

dwnshfter
10-27-2007, 07:13 PM
would like to know more on this please.....i just got my 98 eclipse fwd non turbo and it needs help badly!!! intake and custom exhaust are on the way, might rebuild tranny.......

dwnshfter
10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
just reada little more, this is only for the turboed eclpises?