How much? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: How much?

javey
11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
How much does it cost (reasonably) to order a rebuilt trans, and where? Also, new? I am looking at replacing the motor and trans eventually since I plan on keeping my car indefinately, so maybe I can get a deal on both together. Just starting to look. Also, what is a good charge for labor? And about how many hours does it take?

supa_89
11-15-2007, 06:31 PM
In new jersey you can check out turbotrix. You can visit their website also, they got a full detailed price list for their services which includes rebuilding trannies.

Jp90Talon
11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Please refer to my replies in your other threads.

javey
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok yes, so you are both right. I CAN search, and maybe I did? Doesn't make a difference. I posted a topic not too long ago about what I wanted to do to my car and everyone just laughed about my estimated prices, so I figured maybe I am getting ripped off? Why not flame me, and instead just answer the question. Or SHOW me how to use the search button effectively, to find the price (current) of a transmission.

Jp90Talon
11-15-2007, 08:54 PM
The purpose of a board such as DSM Talk is to function as an added resource to what is already at your finger tips. If you clicked on the search button and did a search for transmission shops you would come up with vendors such as Shep or TRE. Then you can google the shop name and get their web address and visit their site and read to what your options are. There are different prices for what type of tranny you want (stock rebuild-full race tranny) There are even additional options where you can custom pick what you would like done. Do you honestly expect members on the board to cut n paste all the different packages and price levels for you? Prices change as well so the best way to find out what the "current" prices would be is to search their site. So in essence you are expecting members to search themselves to let you know when you could have found out your answer on your own in the same amount of time it took for you to write up this post. Modifying a car takes alot of time and searching on your own. If you are not willing to put in that time it will be a long road as well as an expensive one if you are not willing to learn to do things yourself and always rely on others.

Im not trying to flame you one bit but for your own benefit you need to learn to rely on others less.

Got Insulin?
11-15-2007, 11:14 PM
A 5-spd swap is what you need my friend. :banana: :banana:

Jp90Talon
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Just to help out a bit since I was a bit harsh and to show what happens if you search.

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/mitsubishiauto.shtml

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_146&products_id=863

Other than that your best bets are to call around local tranny shops and get estimates on stock rebuilds or buy a known working used one.

91Bluebird
11-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Well 5 yrs ago a mitsu dealer in FLA quoted me $1900 for a re-manned FWD turbo A/T. But I went to aamco (see vendor reveiew) and paid more than that for a rebuild that I wasn't even satisfied with.

Price shouldn't be your main concern. Finding a reputable shop and knowing what you want to wind up with in the end should be the priority (ie, how much HP will it see, how hard will it be driven). A rebuild could go anywhere from $1000-$3000 and it depends largely on who works on it and what gets done to it. I see from your other threads you're also thinking about getting a new motor so you're probably looking at spending somewhere around 5 grand. And now would be the time to rebuild both of them more stoutly instead of going with all stock replacements.

DSMscreamer
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I get mine rebuilt for about $350 if I the front pump is fine and the solonoids check out. Stock parts are cheap and are all you need. AAmco are rip off artists.

Infinity
11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
My 97 is auto, I got an AWD A/T tranny for it, right year too, for 600 dollars.
Check car-parts.com