Radiator Fuse... [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Radiator Fuse...

Boznogel247
12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I popped my fuse box open just to take a look today. There are spots for two fuses for the radiator fan. I have the one on top but the one the bottom is missing. Will my fan still operate and if not how important is it to get it replaced? Its snowy and cold as all hell right now in Indiana so im not really too worried about my radiator temp but i was curious.

Thanks

yajstylez
12-08-2007, 08:29 AM
I don't know, but just get every fuse that you need missing replaced. It only costs a few bucks.

Boznogel247
12-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Well its a $15 fuse, and i would have to special order it, but i was just curious.

RippinGSX
12-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Do you have A/C?

Boznogel247
12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Yessir...as far as im away my AC does work but ill double check, its winter lol.

I mean i have 1 of the 2 fuses....didnt know if i should get that other one replaced though. Guy at autozone said it could be why my cruise control does not work and why my antenna does not go up or down...but i dont believe him.

gordon.cj
12-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I popped my fuse box open just to take a look today. There are spots for two fuses for the radiator fan. I have the one on top but the one the bottom is missing. Will my fan still operate and if not how important is it to get it replaced? Its snowy and cold as all hell right now in Indiana so im not really too worried about my radiator temp but i was curious.

Thanks

One fuse for each radiator fan? Just a guess, no experience or knowledge to support it.

Boznogel247
12-09-2007, 05:15 AM
One fuse for each radiator fan? Just a guess, no experience or knowledge to support it.

I guess thats a possibility...lol

gordon.cj
12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I looked it up. The two fuses are for different fan speeds (Hi and Low). The top one should be for "Hi" and the bottom one is "Low." I'm not sure how it works, but I'd expect that if the Low one is missing, there'd be no fan running until the temperature got high enough for the high setting. Probably not critical but not optimal. Just a guess, I'm no mechnic by any means.

Boznogel247
12-09-2007, 01:04 PM
More than i would have found out, thanks gordon. Its appreciated.

gordon.cj
12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Glad to help.