1g BOV Vrs. Other companies. [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: 1g BOV Vrs. Other companies.

acidbath
11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
So I have a 1g BOV that recirculates on my car [previous owner had put it on] and was wondering what you guys have on your vehicles and this particular bov compares to the ones by other companies.. Such as HKS SSQV, TIAL, GReddy, and so on.

I've heard nothing but good reviews for the 1g and there were quite popular in other Mitsu cars as well, but I am still curious as to which other bovs would be suitable for a 2ga GSX.

Got Insulin?
11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Search, man. You aren't the first to want to put an aftermarket BOV on your car. But, it really comes down to preference. In addtion to paying for brand name, you're also paying for quality with HKS or with Greddy, so stay away from eBay junk. The 1g is tried and true and is great for a beginner modder because they are durable and readily available; hell, even the new GTR uses 1G BOV's! Just realize that you will need one that recirculates, so unless you have a Maf-less system via a VPC, or a standalone, or even a GM MAF, you won't be able to run a Tial.

Search it out, then go on Youtube and listen to the way they sound if you're into that.

acidbath
11-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks a lot. That's some pretty good information. It's amazing how the GT-R uses the same BOV. I'll search for it now.

Got Insulin?
11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Not one, but two! I think that's a pretty powerful statement, don't you?

turbotalon1g
11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Thats funny shit, he is sold on the fact its used on the sick GTR!!!!!!!!!!!
Not the fact that it works.

falcn41
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I have a GReddy RS and might even consider swapping to a crushed 1G.... PLUS GTR's HAVE EM!

acidbath
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not sold on anything. I just thought it was interesting. I could give a less fuck about the GTR. I'll stick to something I can afford.

93_GSX
11-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Not one, but two! I think that's a pretty powerful statement, don't you?
+1, I'd agree with that statement.

1g BOV's can handle some good boost, esp with the dgm...

AWD_XTC
11-06-2008, 12:34 PM
The 1G BOV is one of the bes on the market. The only other BOV I would put on my car is a Tial, because I feel that it the only one better. I have had greedy bovs and I think they suck. if you are going to spend money on an aftermarket one get a Tial.

93_GSX
11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
The 1G BOV is one of the bes on the market. The only other BOV I would put on my car is a Tial, because I feel that it the only one better. I have had greedy bovs and I think they suck. if you are going to spend money on an aftermarket one get a Tial.
As already stated, you must mod other things to safely run a Tial. But either way, I've heard good things about Tial, never used one myself, though.

Got Insulin?
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Tial is awesome. Period. But you've gotta be cool to use them.

:)

AWD_XTC
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Thought he said he had a 2G? You can run a Tial on a 2g.

1timehondalover
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I have the Synapse Synchronic and love it. It is probably the fastest operating BOV I've ever dealt with.

Got Insulin?
11-06-2008, 01:30 PM

You can run a Tial on anything you want, but it still has to be recirc'd.

93_GSX
11-06-2008, 02:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken very few, if any, were made to be recirc'd, correct?

kronus
11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
To the OP, if you're looking for something that will hold lots of boost, take your 1g BOV and do the Dodge Garage Mod. That really should satisfy the majority of DSM'rs (aside from the bling factor.)

I would think that if even the DGM isn't enough for you, then you'd better step up to a BIG BOY bov like the Synchronic.

HOT97ECLIPSEGSX
11-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Dgmftmfw!

Got Insulin?
11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
If I'm not mistaken very few, if any, were made to be recirc'd, correct?

Word. My last post was merely sarcasm. You can't recirc' a Tial.

AWD_XTC
11-06-2008, 03:46 PM

You cannot recirculate a Tial, they were going to come out with one that was able to recirculate but I don't think it has been released. The mas on a 2G allows for open valves better than a 1G. Not saying it is as good as a recirculating one but it works better on 2Gs than the 1G cars. The main thing you have to worry about is running rich in between shifts. If you really want to run an open valve convert to speed density.

jonbonazza
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM

If it is a 420a, then yes, because it has a MAP not a MAS and it is in a different location than the 4G63's MAS. It meters the air AFTER the turbo spools the extra in. The 2g 4G63 is a TAD better than the 1g on vented BOV's but still not enough to run it w/o a MAF-T and a good tune.

AWD_XTC
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
See my post above.

acidbath
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I do have a 2g[a]. This topic is getting interesting. I never heard of this Synapse Synchronic type, but I guess I'll research into it. I'm content with my 1g BOV since it recirculates, I was just curious as to see what you guys are running on your cars.

1timehondalover
11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Here is a pretty good thread on the Synapse BOV

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1901248

AWD_XTC
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I'll stick with Tial

jonbonazza
11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I do have a 2g[a]. This topic is getting interesting. I never heard of this Synapse Synchronic type, but I guess I'll research into it. I'm content with my 1g BOV since it recirculates, I was just curious as to see what you guys are running on your cars.

Do you have the 420a or the 4G63?

acidbath
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry for the slow response, I have a 4G63.

Randy954
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
this is a little off topic but i just purchased a greddy rd bov and i was wondering if i had the option of running it recircuated. Lol i want whatevers easier to do cuz ill prolly be doing it myse
f and im still new to dsms. oh and im going to be running a front mount.

Got Insulin?
11-11-2008, 04:27 PM
this is a little off topic but i just purchased a greddy rd bov and i was wondering if i had the option of running it recircuated. Lol i want whatevers easier to do cuz ill prolly be doing it myse
f and im still new to dsms. oh and im going to be running a front mount.

It has nothing to do with a front mount, but what you really need to do is check out rule #7. If you can recirculate it, it will have a nipple on the back to hook a line up to...I assume you mean an RS?