Oxygen Questions.. =] [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Oxygen Questions.. =]

nichols18
11-23-2008, 02:03 PM
alright so.. my wires for my O2 sensor wires got ripped out on a gravel road and im looking at getting a new one.. anything i should look into getting brand wise.. its a 97 talon tsi.. 3" turbo back exhaust.. Thanks =]

The_EE
11-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Bosch unit will be fine, direct clip in. Autozone etc will carry it.

Might want to get a different suspension setup if a gravel road ripped your wire.

Also.. you need to follow rule #7, its in my signature.

nichols18
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Alright, and sorry about the rule. I'm new to this. Yeah my suspension needs to be setup differently.. You cant fit a razr cellphone under it standing up. Another question.. How hard would it be for me to do a cam adjustment or what ever you need to do when you lower it? when i bought it, it was lowered 2 inches and never had that done

The_EE
11-23-2008, 02:28 PM
What kind of suspension is on the car?

If your car is sitting that low that you cant put a cell phone under it, its WAY too low. I am assuming you are talking about phone laying on its back and not standing up.

There are camber kits out there you would need to buy along with an alignment you would need when you lower a car. If you dont get either done, you will prematurely wear tires.

nichols18
11-23-2008, 02:47 PM
im not sure what kinda suspension i have.. i just bought the car about month and a half ago.. the tires are brand new and they dont seem to be wearing at all either?

harry99GSX
11-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Maybe it all ready had the needed pieces installed to adjust camber from the previous owner................. If it didn't and it needs an alignment, you will eat those new tires away VERY quickly. It won't take long at all.

Green Machine
11-23-2008, 05:05 PM
se t of bosch huh?

SionGrey66
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I always use oxygensensors.com. They ship very quickly and sell direct replacements so you won't have to rewire your sensor. Also, they're cheaper than anything autozone, murrays, napa, or advanced carries.

jeffgst
11-25-2008, 03:55 AM
+1 www.oxygensensors.com

Fast and excellent service.

Also negative camber doesn't wear down tires that quickly. The real problem is that when you lower a car, you are altering the toe in and out of the wheels. You are actually dragging the tires on the road while you are driving when you toe is incorrect.

This result is tires being worn down within a few thousand miles and horrible gas mileage.

SionGrey66
11-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Jeez, what's with all of the random spammers on this site recently?

I ordered another (this would be the third) oxygen sensor from oxygensensors.com last night for our SER-R and already received a tracking number. They're a great website.