HX 35 housing question [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: HX 35 housing question

STikillinTsi
12-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, I did research but all I could find on this was alot of info about the Bullyseye bolt on housing and nothing really about the stock hx35 housing. I am picking up this Hx35 for a steal, and I know that Bullseye make a DSM bolt on housing for, but my question is does anyone know if the stock HX35 housing (t3) will line up correctly to the o2 housing? I have a ported evo3 right now, but if need be I would buy one that would fit the t3 flange, but it seems that I can't find a vendor or anyone that makes a o2 housing specifically made for the hx35 or hx series that would allow it from not rubbing against my motor or water pipe, it looks like it will rub. I know that the hx35 sits a little different on the cummins that they originally come off of so that's why I am curious. I am planning on taking the pte 50trim off and going with the hx35 setup and I want to go the t3 route and external gate it for obvious reasons. If anyone knows anyone who has done this using the stock hx35 housing please let me know, and what fabs they had to do if any. I am trying to avoid getting a custom made o2 housing, but if that what it come down to then so be it.

motorswapman
12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
What kind of manifold do you have. The evo O2 will not work with the holset you will need to custom make one. I personal run a modified holset wh1e with a t4 flange and I had to custom build the manifold and a 4 inch O2.

projecTSI
12-07-2008, 10:20 PM
You can get the BEP HX35 housing with a T3 inlet and mitsu style outlet, so you would be able to use a T3 manifold and the EvoIII o2 housing.

Black_ bullet
12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
+1^

No sense in making it more complicated for no reason.

Im just going to get the HX35 in the BEP mitsu housing myself.

STikillinTsi
12-08-2008, 02:55 AM
What kind of manifold do you have. The evo O2 will not work with the holset you will need to custom make one. I personal run a modified holset wh1e with a t4 flange and I had to custom build the manifold and a 4 inch O2.

I have the FP Race manifold right now.I am trying to stay away from getting a custom manifold built seeing as it would cost me around a 1000 bucks or so. How much did you pay for your t4 mani? How do you like the holset? I have read alot of good thing about them.

STikillinTsi
12-08-2008, 03:00 AM
You can get the BEP HX35 housing with a T3 inlet and mitsu style outlet, so you would be able to use a T3 manifold and the EvoIII o2 housing.

That would work I know, but I am trying to stay away from buying an expensive t3 mani... Seeing as how I just spend 2200 bucks on xmas gifts and I don't really want to cheap out and buy an ebay t3 mani...But I might just have to save up and get the t3, and sell my 50 trim if thats the case. Thanks for the info bro.

lasthope05
12-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Then just get the BEP hx35 bolt on housing in the mitsu inlet like black bullet said. Whats so hard about that? Im running the same exact thing on an evo3 ported mani.

motorswapman
12-08-2008, 08:10 AM
I agree get the bep hx35 bolt on it will be alot easier. The holset turbos work great the modified wh1e I have spools fast and makes insane power. I personal build all my manifolds but I have been working with metal for years, personal I would not trust a ebay manifold with a heavy turbo. I have had alot of those come into the shop for repair, even one where the t3 flange broke of the manifold.

STikillinTsi
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Then just get the BEP hx35 bolt on housing in the mitsu inlet like black bullet said. Whats so hard about that? Im running the same exact thing on an evo3 ported mani.

What kind of power are you putting down with the hx35? What are your mods and how do you like the turbo? Spool time?

STikillinTsi
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree get the bep hx35 bolt on it will be alot easier. The holset turbos work great the modified wh1e I have spools fast and makes insane power. I personal build all my manifolds but I have been working with metal for years, personal I would not trust a ebay manifold with a heavy turbo. I have had alot of those come into the shop for repair, even one where the t3 flange broke of the manifold.

Yeah, I think I will stay away from the ebay crap. I will Probly just get the BEP housing, even though the t3 would make more power. What is the wh1e comparable to? What kind of power have you put down with it?

Black_ bullet
12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.timsturbos.com/SSTurbine_Housing_-_MHI_Inlet.html

motorswapman
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
The hx35 with bep bolt on will be good for little over 500 whp depending on setup, tune, and fuel. The wh1e stock is about the same as the hx40 which can makeover 700 whp on a good setup. Mine has a hx55 backplate, compressor housing, and compressor wheel and modified 19cm turbine housing this turbo is good for over a 1000hp. I am running 20 psi on 93oct. 100oct. mix making 550 whp.

projecTSI
12-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I think I will stay away from the ebay crap. I will Probly just get the BEP housing, even though the t3 would make more power. What is the wh1e comparable to? What kind of power have you put down with it?

The T3 HX35 will not make more power than the bolt on one, unless you are talking about the .70ar T3, which does not have the mitsu style outlet. The first two I mentioned are basically the same thing as they are both .55ar.

And the WH1E is basically the same thing as an HX40.