DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

ATTN: Moderators, please read

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Van 
#1 ·
Moderators,

Okay, how do I start this... first of, if you are reading this, thank you for taking out the time to do so, and hopefully this won't fall on deaf ears. The reason for my posting this is to address the deletion of certain threads. The one that is most prominent that comes to mind is that of Fast16G last night regarding the clarification of some recent concerns regarding the DSM Shop and DSM-Performance. Fast16G came on and in my opinion, in an EXTREMELY professional manner, not demeaning, etc. clarified an issue that seems to be ongoing. You can argue that it is a beaten topic, however it CONSTANTLY comes up in other replies, and in other topics. We can have it one of two ways: Either Fast16G's post could remain open, and those who are interested/still have questions regarding that issue can read it and have their questions answered, OR people can continue to make threads go off topic, and lashing out, causing problems, etc just as they did in the thread under Advanced Tech. I completely understand the moderators position here, and that is of course to keep the peace, however that thread did nothing but inform on a subject that people are doing ENTIRELY too much assuming. Instead of just deleting this thread, will you give me a little feedback as to why these threads are deleted? I really appreciate your time, and look forward to hearing something back from you all.

Sincerely,

See less See more
#3 ·
OK I am NOT speaking for the whole Mod team. I am speaking for my self here and only my self. All I will say is this. The RULES state that DSM talk is not a place to resolve customer service problems and I think we will be adding that this also " is not her for a vendors PR." if ANY vendor want to come in here and do the thankless work such as I do ( let me take that back It is not thank less. I get thank yous all the time come to think of it ) then that is great but then you still have to keep in mind that this is not a place that I speak with customers and others to promote/defend the business.

The tread has not been deleted but moved to a place that can not be seen.

the FACT is that HE was in KNOWN violation of the CLEARLY stated rules and even a E mail to the team saying that he knows that this is not with in the rules.

The point is that DSM talk is not here for them to defend them self. We are a FREE web site that has a huge message board and a set if clearly stated rules that we ALL ( even the Mods ) agreed to follow when we became users. the point? he broke the rules. post removed.

the Mod team knows full well about this and we have been talking about this all day. I do understand the problems and the reasons for the post but you know what? I am a shop owner also. Granted not nearly as big. So I can see his points but AGAIN it remains that this is not the place to do this. If he wants to make a page on his site about this and "clear the air "

if he wants to make statements then he should do it on his own time in his own place. it isn't right for us to let this slide as we wouldn't allow this from HRC, TurboTrix, RollHard, pocketLOGGER, or any other vendor on this site ( that also would include my self )

I hope this helps and that some good can come about this, but abusing a place such as this is not right. other vendors PAY just like them and they DO NOT come here and state that this and that was not right and bla bla bla.. ... if we were to allow ANY of this. you can kiss DSMtalk good by as it will turn in to nothing more then a self-serving SPAM site for vendors.

BM-

edited for spelling olny :D

[Edited by Rdy2race on 08-21-2001 at 05:27 PM]

#4 ·
Fair enough, that's makes sense. As long as you saw the validity and the reasoning for my posting that querie then my questions are satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to respond, and not just deleting the thread.

Sincerely,

#5 ·
Rdy2race said:
The RULES state that DSM talk is not a place to resolve customer service problems and I think we will be adding that this also " is not here for a vendors PR."

The point is that DSM talk is not here for them to defend them self. We are a FREE web site that has a huge message board and a set if clearly stated rules that we ALL ( even the Mods ) agreed to follow when we became users. the point? he broke the rules. post removed.

the Mod team knows full well about this and we have been talking about this all day. So I can see his points but AGAIN it remains that this is not the place to do this. If he wants to make a page on his site about this and "clear the air "

if he wants to make statements then he should do it on his own time in his own place. it isn't right for us to let this slide as we wouldn't allow this from HRC, TurboTrix, RollHard, pocketLOGGER, or any other vendor on this site ( that also would include my self )

I hope this helps and that some good can come about this, but abusing a place such as this is not right. other vendors PAY just like them and they DO NOT come here and state that this and that was not right and bla bla bla.. ... if we were to allow ANY of this. you can kiss DSMtalk good by as it will turn in to nothing more then a self-serving SPAM site for vendors.

Speaking for myself, I think Bill said it perfectly. I think fast16g should copy that "message" onto their own site for clarification of his company's "image, problems, etc."

Another thing you guys don't see, is the bad posts about ET&DSMperf from talkers here, that get routinely removed by us as well. This happens because WE don't know if somebody speaks the truth, the facts or what and believe me it has happened more than once.
The basic issue is that this board is not for customers and vendors to resolve their problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.