Aftermarket turbo coolant lines? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Aftermarket turbo coolant lines?

bigolsen
09-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Hello. Does anyone make turbo coolant lines for our cars? All I've been able to find is info on making your own..... Thanks.

Sean485
09-15-2011, 10:17 AM
If you are running aftermarket turbo you can make up braided AN lines but for the stock turbo 1) nobody makes pre assembled AN lines with Banjo fittings and 2) you really don't need them, OEM quality rubber hoses over the OEM steel lines will last 5-10 years.

bigolsen
09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
If you are running aftermarket turbo you can make up braided AN lines but for the stock turbo 1) nobody makes pre assembled AN lines with Banjo fittings and 2) you really don't need them, OEM quality rubber hoses over the OEM steel lines will last 5-10 years.

I'm running an FPgreen. Just tired of bending the oem lines is all.

JaySyn77
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
You can do what Sean said, just cut the ends off and leave about an inch of the line...then just use some good rubber hoses and attach the two ends. This will make it more flexible and eliminate the need of bending the metal lines

Sean485
09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
You CAN get banjo to -8an fittings for coolant lines, but for my 40r I actually have a metric o-ring to -8an straight fitting and then to a 90* an hose end for both of my braided coolant lines. I don't remember exactly what thread the banjo bolts are but that's an option if you don't like the banjo bolts (I think they are a PITA).