clear corners [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: clear corners

DOHCgs
11-21-2000, 10:27 PM
hey
does anyone know where i can get clear corners for the 90-91 models? or how i can make them if possible?
thanx

4G63Rydah
11-21-2000, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure if anyone sells them. But u can make them urself. You'll need to take them off first. Next you'll need a hairdrier (a heatgun works much better if you can get one) and some silicone adhesive. Turn the hair drier to the hottest setting (with the heat gun set it about half way) and heat up the joint where the white/clear plastic joins with the grey plastic. As the silicone that's holding the two pieces of plastic starts to soften slowly peel the two pieces apart. Don't force it too hard you might break something, if it's not giving very easily just heat it some more...just make sure that you don't melt anything. Once you got it apart I'm not sure if the yellow reflector is screwed on or if it's glued on. If it's screwed on just unscrew it...if it's glued on just use the blowdrier and heat that up as well and pull it off. Then you'll need to put everything back together using the silicone adhesive you bought (or had lying around). It'll take you a good 30 mins to an hour to complete everything.

[Edited by 4G63Rydah on 11-22-2000 at 01:25 AM]

95GST
11-22-2000, 12:00 AM
try http://www.clearcorners.com

DSMing91
11-22-2000, 07:30 AM
DOHCgs.. Try asking Dsmtalk member "Junior". i got a pair of front clear corners from him for my 91 GsX. they look awsome on the car. he could maybe help you out.

DOHCgs
11-22-2000, 06:10 PM
i wanna try just taking them apart but am having trouble getting to the screw to get the corners off. thanx for any help.

Junior
11-22-2000, 07:06 PM
thanks DSMING, ...just mail me

dsm93talon
11-23-2000, 09:35 AM
i know i got a "no popup" :( 1G but i've done it before for a friend, you can also boil the amber piece off. I was reading in the talon digest archives (www.dsm.org) that you can boil the light and then peel the gray piece off halfway, then pull out the amber piece. Seal up the gray back onto the light and let it cool. the adhesive will stick again and should harden right up. I thought it would be a better idea since you have less chances of breaking some plastic while prying.