DSM-Performance pullies (No crank pulley) [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: DSM-Performance pullies (No crank pulley)

urnot e
10-04-2001, 05:55 PM
I have had these on my car for about a month now, just thought I would give you guys some feed back. Product Delivery service was awesome, ordered the parts late Sunday night and recieved them Tuesday afternoon.(I live in VA)

Pros:
Well aside from looks,
1. No installtion problems, everything went on like factory fit,(My mechanic said he had no problems installing them)
belts fit fine to.

2. Price: I paid $269, which included all 4 pullies, but i decided later on not to put on the crank pulley.

Cons:
1. *For those who don't know* You will not find any performance gains from these pullies (I knew that before i bought them. I bought them to make sure I was getting rid of a possible pulley problem)

2. These pullies make the accesory belts more audible at idle. Ex: Before with the stock pullies and belts you could not hear the belts moving on the pullies at all, now i can hear the belts turning on the pullies. It is not audible from inside the car with the windows up, but if you get out of the car and walk about 3 feet away from the front end you can still hear them, even with the fans turned on. I personally hate this noise and i thought i let everybody know what kind of new noises you might get with these pullies.

Geo
10-10-2001, 08:15 PM
I have theses pulleys sitting in the garage waiting for me to put them in. You did not use the crank pulley? And what pulley problem are you talking about.

urnot e
10-11-2001, 09:19 PM
Problem?

Not really a problem, just that these pullies are more audible than stock EX: Stock pullies and belts were whisper quiet, now DSM performance pullies and stock belts are slighty more audible than before. As for you, go right ahead and put your pullies on and if they make a noise you can pull them off if you like to. Me on the other hand i cant take pullies on and off(I'm not as mechanically inclined as you) so this comment about the noise was directed to those who must pay somebody else to put on or take off pullies (I just trying to help yall save money).

PS i very pickey about noises, don't ask me why i bought a DSM

95stktrbo:(
10-12-2001, 03:12 PM
I installed all the pulleys including the crank(which is what gives the power) and I have no noise whatsoever.
using the belts that were suppluied from dsm-performance.

Late

99gst
10-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Does the crank pulley have a harmonic balancer?

95GST
10-13-2001, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by 99gst
Does the crank pulley have a harmonic balancer?

I don't think so, you can get one from buschur that has the dampener for $350.

ippkiss
10-22-2001, 04:14 PM
I thought the crank pully, and harmonic ballancer were seprate, like that you could change the crank pully and still keep the stock pully?