Engine Swaps [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Engine Swaps

Chops
10-12-2001, 11:19 PM
I like the engine in my GT-S, but does anyone know if a Toyota 2JZ (Supra) or Nissan RB26DETT (Skyline) will fit easily into my Eclipse? Would there be a chance w/ some mods to the car?

Taboo
10-13-2001, 04:33 AM
Easily? No. You'd need to cut the firewall (and most likely also the hood) to make the tranny (and the engine) physically fit, use a narrowed rear end, custom driveshaft, swap the ECU and harness, re-do the fuel system, custom exhaust, etc. It'd be probably cheaper to buy the Supra. :D

TotalEclipse68
08-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey i am about to buy a 96 eclipse with a blown engine. I am looking for a engine to drop into it i found a 4g63t complete swap for 1,500 It also come with a AWD Tranny. Does this engine bolt up to the tranny i already have. Also i hear the evo 3 engine bolts up to my tranny aswell and is a easy install. If so what is the engine code on the one? Which is the better engine and can i get the most HP for my money.

TotalEclipse :beer:

Hondas are like tampons

every Pu$$y has them!

James92TSi
08-20-2003, 02:24 AM
You'd have to be more specific than that.

If it's a turbo car to begin with, then yes, a 4G63 will bolt up to the tranny you already have.

If it's a non-turbo car, you're living in fantasy-land if you think swapping in a 4G63 and AWD is a worthwhile endeavor.

Either way, use the search button. There is nothing new about replacing the motor in a 4G63 car, and swapping a 4G63 into a 2G NT car has been just about beat to death in the NT forum as well.

Moved to the Newbies forum.