Video Monitors in DSM's anybody? [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Video Monitors in DSM's anybody?

1sikdsm
12-02-2000, 12:53 AM
Has anybody ever put a DVD video monitor in their ride? I'd like to get one but am puzzled how I would mount it and what kind of enclosure it would need to fit it, say in the glove compartment, radio area or other.

Mark PPG
12-02-2000, 10:21 PM
well, I have a 6.4" in my car.

check out my website for pics

ZBEEST
12-03-2000, 04:34 PM
ya beat me to it...I was going to post a reply with a link to your page.....:)

dsm93talon
12-04-2000, 09:09 AM
MarkPPG, How did you get the head unit in the middle vent and what size monitor is that? Your console layout is exactly how i wanted to do mine. While i'm at it, how do you control your computer, i was thinking of going witha touchpad mouse where the ashtray goes. What did you do? is there a place where i can find the specs on your setup therE?

Mark PPG
12-05-2000, 05:27 PM
actually, I am using a touch pad in the ashtray ;)

my setup involves a 6.4" tft display. The fitiment was basically, dremmel it till it fits (riht Chris?!?)

It was a ton of work, but worth it IMHO (Chris H the moderator is the guy who did most of the installation)

The webpage will give you most of the info you are looking for (in the info section) feel free to ask me any other questions you may have

dsm93talon
12-05-2000, 08:02 PM
thank you so much man, i've been lookin at your laser for almost a year now since i've been into DSMs and i've ALWAYS wanted to do that to my talon. Thanks for the info.