GREEN timeslips Please!! [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: GREEN timeslips Please!!

NicktheQuick
12-14-2001, 07:22 PM
I was wondering what times and speed have people run on the green.

Please list- et. Mph and mods

THANKS. Later

Nick 92 TSi AWD
12-16-2001, 01:07 AM
FP is making a page of times people have run on all their turbos. Just wait.

Kurt (goes, er went, by slow 90 on nabr) ran a 11.7 at around 133mph with a green, that's the best to date. I don't know all his mods, but it's not a huge list. The usual supporting things (cams, FMIC, blah blah). A couple interesting points:
He ran that on his 100,xxx plus engine with only 120psi compression across the board
His only tuning tools were a blaha hacked mas and a afc

4G63Rydah
12-16-2001, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Nick 92 TSi AWD
Kurt (goes, er went, by slow 90 on nabr) ran a 11.7 at around 133mph with a green, that's the best to date.

Umm, you mean 10.7 not 11.7 Also, why do you say "went" by Slow90? Did he leave the board?

davejcb
12-16-2001, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I was about to say that'd be a lameass ET for such a high MPH...

Nick 92 TSi AWD
12-17-2001, 01:22 AM
Yes I did, typo. No he still posts on there, but the board wasn't there........if you were a member there you'd know.

Anyway here's some times for a variety of FP turbos:

Loren Jacobs
11.53 @ 125.17
River City Raceway, TX
10/21/01
FP Green Model

Mike Clark
11.70 @ 117.7mph
Joiliet, IL
September 22, 2001
FP T3/T4

Jeremy Brandt
12.58 @ 108.1mph
Earlville, IA
September 16, 2001
FP T-28 (old style)

15psi (shut up!!) pump gas, 30+cts knock, 11deg advance, badly untuned!!
1.75 60'
12.1@112mph
Gainesville Raceway, 11/18/01
'92 TSi FWD 3030# w/driver.
FP Green
keith
tractionless

(kurt)
Best on the Green last year 10.76@130.81, best mph was 132, both at Maple Grove. Also ran the FP big "16g" on the FWD, of course a shit spinning et, first time out went 12.5@126, stock cams, 550's and little 150lph fuel pump, that little turbo will go 130+ with ease on a well prepared car even on a bad day. I will be looking for big MPH #'s out of these RED's next year on both cars thanks to J-Shepherd built motors and transmissions and BJ's cylinder head service.

Andre C. ran 12.0@118 on 20psi pumpgas with his green, and put down 401hp to the wheels.

NINJA7
12-17-2001, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Nick 92 TSi AWD
Yes I did, typo. No he still posts on there, but the board wasn't there........if you were a member there you'd know.

Off topic: What has happened to the NABR site Nick, I tried to access the site but to no avail. I thought I was banned so I said forget them :D.

On Topic: I think those times are impressive, but I also think that with the right setup of the L-3 Mutt those times can be achieved. (I know that were are doing a comparison here so don't tell me not to mention anything about the "Mutt" :D) I think next race season we will back up our mutt in an impressive show of what a Mutt is capable of doing.

davejcb
12-17-2001, 08:04 AM
Off topic: What has happened to the NABR site Nick, I tried to access the site but to no avail. I thought I was banned so I said forget them :D

What happened is they got rid of all FNGs, and now to register you have to basically grobble to get in... I sent in their stupid letter, and RiceFed's lame response was "Hey Ottawa can't be your real city, send it back with your real city!!!"... So I said I'm in Ottawa, and the dumbass never responded. Fuck that shit.

16g-95GSX
12-17-2001, 08:46 AM
Would it basically be a requirement on a well tuned Green turbo'd car to have a built tranny? I have been thinking of the possibility of having a Green turbo next summer, my goals are an 11 second slip, but the tranny is the one thing that's holding me back. I have thought about alot of options and it just seems from all the comments the green turbo is one of the best you can choose for a street car.

99mmcgsx
12-17-2001, 08:52 AM
I can't find it anywhere on the fp site....what is the price of the green model?

Thanks...
J

davejcb
12-17-2001, 10:06 AM
Go to http://www.turbotrix.com, it's on there, it's 1275$ US.

16g-95GSX
12-17-2001, 12:22 PM
But would that price be the same if you chose to go with the internal gate option?

By the way on Dsmtrader.com someone is selling 2 FP greens brand new for 1100 each. Just in case anyone here was interested, I saw them yesterday just searching. Someone on this board told me that his friend was listing them so I checked it out. They also had new 20g's for 750 if I'm not mistaken, not bad for brand new and I think they were even ported by some place, maybe they were all from FP but I can't remember exactly.

NicktheQuick
12-17-2001, 03:18 PM
Come on there are only two people running green turbos out there??? Loren's car is a oddity.. I want to now real cars!!

Also the ad on the trader says they will have Big T-28s soon also. I wonder how cheap???

I think Rob overcharges for his turbos. Almost any turbo shop could make them..

BoostedFWD
12-17-2001, 03:26 PM
Bahahaha .... 12.5 at 126mph!!! On just a big 16G?? That's Fu**ing INSANE. Imagine the highway performance..

forcedperf
12-17-2001, 05:17 PM
Nick claims to have some of our turbos for sale. He does not. I don't know what they are but they didn't come from me.

There has been WAY to much weight put on turbochargers by the new guys. A turbo doesnt make you go fast, your ENTIRE setup makes you go fast. This is why a simple big28 can go faster than a MF45ETE56-476 L2 birmingham style turbo.

I have never read soooo much crap in my life as some of the hype pushed out of every pore that these guys can find. It's a simple receipe, you think of the turbo, you build the turbo, you thoroughly test the turbo at the track and on the dyno, you sell 5 or so to see if the public can get the same results you did, THEN it goes on the website, THEN you tell the world about it. Not hype it, hype it, make fake DSMtalk accounts to hype it some more, put it on your page, sell them and then findout later that the wheels need to be changed. Look around guys- it's easy to see who is good at what they do and who is NOT.

Nick is a newbie, like a lot of guys out there. That's cool, I was a newbie once as well. But I never spoke up to try to steal business from someone who was making DSM's go fast years before I even got involved.

Everyone who thinks its uncool to copy my setups and sell knock offs w/o warranty on the parts trader please speak up and tell this guy where to go. As a respected businessman I cannot.

As far as building it cheaper, they tried and they couldn't.

If it doesn't come from us or one of the FEW approved vendors and doesnt have our stamp on it then don't say its ours because it's not.

And while I'm at it, dont say yours is as good as mine unless you can freakin back your big talk up with some timeslips.

4G63Rydah
12-17-2001, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by NicktheQuick
I think Rob overcharges for his turbos.

I think the prices that Rob charges are VERY reasonable. Even your precious DSM-Performance charges more than he does. So you can't claim he's too expensive.

Almost any turbo shop could make them..

Any idiot can put X housing on Y wheel and call it a turbo, but it doesn't mean that a) the machining/assembly will be of good quality and b) that the turbo will perform good. I mean come on, if DSM-Performance hasn't already proven (with the old Mutts and new ones) what idiots are capable of then I don't know what the hell it'll take to prove it to you.

One thing that I've wanted to know is what you're relationship is with DSM-Performance that you are willing to so BLINDLY support them even though they don't have a shred of proof to back up their claims? The way I figure it you're either 1) the shop-whore 2) the owner's boyfriend or 3) one of the employees "in disguise".

Buschur, FP, and Magnus Motorsports (as well as other shops) have all proven themselves many times in our "community" and they continue to do so. Not just with the performance of their turbos, but also with the quality of their worksmanship. Above all that, Robert and Marco both have tremendous reputations for going above and beyond "the call of duty" in making sure to do the right thing and have therefore been rewarded with a loyal backing of customers. Therefore there is no need for them to prove themselves to anyone, ESPECIALLY not to YOU.

If any shop around here needs to prove themselves it is hands-down, without a doubt DSM-Performance. They make nothing but empty claims without providing a single shred of proof to back up those claims. I have NEVER, not once, heard first-hand (or "through the grapevine") of Marco or Robert making a claim about their product/service that hasn't been proven previously. To this day I have STILL not heard of a single shred of proof being provided by DSM-Performance to back up the plethera of claims that they have made.

Just my buck fifty.

P.S. If all of a sudden someone changes the name of shit to "summer blossom" it doesn't change the fact that it is still excrement, nor does it all of a sudden change the way it smells. That's why the ETE/MF1 (whatever) is still the Mutt in my eyes, and DSM-Performance is still the DSM Shop in my eyes.

countersniper
12-17-2001, 06:56 PM
Seeing all these *NEW* hybrid (wink wink) turbos running so fast I am amazed. OOPPS we sold 100 turbos and they are all fucked up, maybe we should put in new parts and sell them as **upgraded** for your pleasure. I agree with FP that turbos are pushed for sales to people that don't know any better. Put this on and you'll run 10's right away!
Come to think of it: I remember a few guys in this board that were talkin mad shit about the Mutt and are no longer available for comment.

Up top I saw 16G-95GSX; post that he's getting a green. Man I thought you were getting a mutt, oohh wait it's a 20G damn, fuck, shit, nevermind! I'm just raggin on ya man. It is a bit of info to sift through.

BTW: anyone know what is the best mph on a small 16G in the 1/4. After I max this thing out I may try a green. Well see though after talking to rob to see what'll be best for my future goals. I'd really like to get a 12.5 or better and then I'll change.

[Edited by countersniper on 12-17-2001 at 08:58 PM]

NicktheQuick
12-17-2001, 07:15 PM
4G63Rydah WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM??? I start these thread trying to find out some more about the green turbo and you turn this into a MUTT vs GREEN thread you are a FUCKIN' IDIOT. And when I say any turbo shop can put together some of these turbos THEY CAN. Just go to your local shop and ask. That is what I have been doing.

There is a Shop in IA that specailizes in ATS turbo systems they have told me that they could get the parts thst I ask for and can assemble and balance the turbos and they price for everything is any where from $200 to $50 less than the big name guys..

FP These are your turbos. I got them from a dealer had them and he gave me a great deal on them. I have four now.

As for the Big t-28. I can order the parts for mitsu and have the compressor housing and turbine housing machines out to fit perfectly (I happen to be a machinist) So I know what to look for and measure.

I have the right to say what I think and I think that over $1400 for an internal gated turbo is too much!! (no matter who makes it!!!!!)

ROB I talk to you over the phone personall to let you know details. Later.

NicktheQuick
12-17-2001, 07:17 PM
All I really want to know are some time slips. PLEASE stay on SUBJECT... I am just try to see what the green can do that is really it......

I am tried of the MUTT. FP crap. If that is what you want to do start a thread in the lounge just for that.

I really just want info. PLEASE> Thanks.

countersniper
12-17-2001, 07:27 PM
WTF! "All I want to know are times! You have been given some times, take those and run with em. What are gonna do? Put em up for sale and say YA YA YA this thing will make you hit a 10 just by puttin it on! LMAO. Thas is gay, glazer is in what? the 9's, or 8's? Does this mean that if I put that same turbo on my car I will do the same? You've got some times now run along!

SlowDSM
12-17-2001, 07:54 PM

There is a Shop in IA that specailizes in ATS turbo systems they have told me that they could get the parts thst I ask for and can assemble and balance the turbos and they price for everything is any where from $200 to $50 less than the big name guys..

Wow, you could save $50 over the "big name guys"?! That's fantastic! Screw all that quality, reliability, and support... I'm goin' sizzzzler!!.

NicktheQuick
12-17-2001, 07:56 PM
I have got three times. I know that there more green times out there than that.. I know if one more time.

He ran a 11.87 not sure of the trap speed. Basic mods Stock motor, except cams.

I can't believe that I am the only one that would like to see some more times on this turbo.

YOu know countersniper... Never mind.

I am trying to stay on the subject.

randerson
12-17-2001, 08:03 PM
NicktheShit do you think the rest of us are as full of it as you are. You want nothing more that to hype the Mutt. Tomorrow when you are in your machine shop class at high school be sure to get all the masurements correct. We would hate to have another shop selling more crap to the DSM world. If you are a Mutt guy stay in that world and leave all the class shops and products alone.

You really dont want times you just want to stir more Mutt SHIT.

4G63Rydah
12-17-2001, 08:27 PM
4G63Rydah WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM??? I start these thread trying to find out some more about the green turbo and you turn this into a MUTT vs GREEN thread you are a FUCKIN' IDIOT.

First off, I would like for you to show me where I turned this into a Mutt vs. Green thread. You insulted Robert (a man who has forgotten more about DSMs in the past day than you will ever learn in your entire life) and his shop (which you have insulted in other threads as well) so I was simply laying down the FACTS to show that you are WAY off base in your accusations.

And I think that it's quite clear to everyone that your intent with this thread isn't to just "gain information".

And when I say any turbo shop can put together some of these turbos THEY CAN. Just go to your local shop and ask. That is what I have been doing.

So is this an open confession that you had the "Green" turbos that you are selling fabricated by one of your local shops??

Blitz
12-17-2001, 08:43 PM
BTW: anyone know what is the best mph on a small 16G in the 1/4. After I max this thing out I may try a green. Well see though after talking to rob to see what'll be best for my future goals. I'd really like to get a 12.5 or better and then I'll change.

From the fastest DSM drag page. Chris Tichy's time was with a small clipped 16G.

11.582 116.99 7.378 93.06 1.606 92 Talon Tsi
Chris Tichy 11/22/98 Etown, NJ

NicktheQuick
12-17-2001, 08:51 PM
Almost any turbo shop could make them..

Any idiot can put X housing on Y wheel and call it a turbo, but it doesn't mean that a) the machining/assembly will be of good quality and b) that the turbo will perform good. I mean come on, if DSM-Performance hasn't already proven (with the old Mutts and new ones) what idiots are capable of then I don't know what the hell it'll take to prove it to you.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I made no metion of DSM-Performance or a MUTT AT ALL!!!

AS for the Greens. As far as I know they are REAL GREENS. I will receive them tomorrow. They had better be GREENS for all of this crap I have to take.

I am a machinist by trade I do it 50 hours a week for a living. So forget the high school crap..

SlowDSM YOu are right for $50 I would take a turbo from a big shop.

Nick 92 TSi AWD I would like to thank you for your times I wish that more could be posted.

This has gotten so far off track that I wish a Moderator would just close it.

Tex
12-17-2001, 09:16 PM
AS for the Greens. As far as I know they are REAL GREENS. I will receive them tomorrow. They had better be GREENS for all of this crap I have to take.

I am a machinist by trade I do it 50 hours a week for a living. So forget the high school crap..

Well , I can assure they are not. I can count the number of authorized dealers on one hand and seeing how I make ALL of them, I can say you have a CHEAP imitation that will likley fail and may perform poorly. If you think that all to a turbo is the wheels and housings then you don't spend ANY time with one turbo for long at all. Being a fellow machinists I hope you can apprieciate the end result when nothing but quality work will be tolerated. Knowing what I know and what "work" is out there, all you have is parts which never were engineered by Robert and never cut, blueprinted, balanced, or QA'd by me. If those turbo don't have the mark of the shop, then you have anything but a Green.

randerson
12-17-2001, 09:57 PM
Nick lets get clear on a few things:

Being the shop BITCH (sweep & clean)does not make you a machinist.

Selling Greens that are not Greens is FRAUD.

Selling something that you do not have is bad business.

This said you have to work for DSM-Perf this is exactly how they do business.

NicktheQuick
12-17-2001, 10:36 PM
Look in my profile you DICK I live in IOWA that is a long way to commute right??

As for the greens. When I get them in tommorrow I will just have to take a picture of the stamp and post it I guess.

Man you will all be really surprise when they turn out to be FP GREENS!!! Just wait. I will post the pics on Wednesday or if you would like I could email them directly to every one. Just give me a line a flick61@hotmail.com

And I will send them to you. Now if I were lying would I do that??? Give me til Wednesday to prove that you are all a bunch of pricks would think that some little guy like me can't get ahold of a couple of real green turbos.

Don't you think I know that if I say that they are FP greens and they are not that I would get in trouble. They are FP Greens.

As for working for DSM-perfromance. I do have their stuff on my car, But I HAVE PAID FOR EVERYTHING.

They most likely don't even know that I have them. Now they do I am sure.

I can't wait to ge the pics. They say I picture is worth a thousand words. Welll get ready for an ear full.

nukefission
12-17-2001, 11:04 PM
This has gotten so far off track that I wish a Moderator would just close it.
Fine by me.