Can't delete my own posts! [Archive] - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

: Can't delete my own posts!

Fourdoor
12-09-2000, 05:22 PM
I can't delete my own posts, edite the message Icon, or Subject line. Sorry for leaving the crap post on the Kill forum, but I can't get ride of it!

This post will also function as my sig test, and link test since I don't want to clutter up other forums with stuff I can't delete afterwards.

Movie of me kicking Mustang butt at the strip at

Mustang race (http://www.egroups.com/files/4G63/Movies/Mustang+run+lb.mpg)

WhoaTed
12-09-2000, 05:54 PM
I got rid of that post for you. I don't know why you had trouble. I rechecked the settings and you should be able to edit (probably not the subject line though).

If you could describe exactly what happened when you attempted to edit, it might help me figure out what happened. Thanks.

BTW, I love the sound of your stutterbox in the vid :)

Fourdoor
12-09-2000, 06:26 PM
I was able to edit the post with no problem. I tried to DELETE the post and it sent me to a new page that said...

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, to administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
To log in, fill in the form below:

Username: Password: "

I wasn't trying to do something to someone elses thread, I havn't been banned, so I asked the administrators (you that is) if I am alowed to delete my own posts by your rules, and why don't it work if I AM following the rules :D

Thanks,

Keith

WhoaTed
12-09-2000, 06:45 PM
Yeah you said delete, I read edit :) Sorry I misunderstood at first. You can't delete posts, it is a limitation of the board. Best thing is to do what you did, just edit it to say something like admin/moderator please delete, then we can get it for you.

The next version of this bb may allow users to delete... we will see. It has been supposed to come out any day now for weeks.

Fourdoor
12-09-2000, 07:08 PM
Cool, thanks for the info!

Keith